Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Movie You Watched
Iron Man 3 was terrible. Getting tired of these super heroes with anxiety disorders. Generic enemies. Iron Man armors that couldn't withstand 3000 degrees. They ruined The Mandarin.

Star Trek 2 on the other hand was awesome. Never gave a fuck about the first abrams Star Trek but now I do. Can't wait for JJ Abrams the Star Wars Salute
I just saw Star Trek Into Darkness and as much as I liked it, I liked the original Khan better.
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
Just watched The Great Gatsby last night. I enjoyed it for the most part, with all the set pieces and general millieu done right. Leonardo di Caprio did the role justice.

I thought the soundtrack was pretty cool, too, throwing in the new in there and managing to make it fit.

Disclaimer: I haven't read the novel, but I did know what it was about before watching. That wouldn't stop those who haven't read the book from enjoying the movie though.
(05-28-2013, 12:17 PM)Grim Wrote: Just watched The Great Gatsby last night. I enjoyed it for the most part, with all the set pieces and general millieu done right. Leonardo di Caprio did the role justice.

I thought the soundtrack was pretty cool, too, throwing in the new in there and managing to make it fit.

Glad you liked the movie ol' sport! It's pretty close to the book, except the parties were more like Speakeasies and less like Republiq on a weekend.

OT: Out of the new movies, I've seen Star Trek and Gatsby. Plan to see Vin Diesel 6 and Epic this week. It's a good time for movies, with Wolverine, Superman and Pacific Rim coming out soon. I probably missed a few nice ones too.

hoping to catch into darkness next week if it's still playing.
Courageous

Its roots are made considerably obvious but I liked it all the same. Smile
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

World War Z was ok. A few plot holes here and there, doesn't quite surpass 28 days later but it does have some interesting concepts to add to the zombie apocalypse genre. I feel like getting myself a copy of the book after watching this.
(06-26-2013, 07:33 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: World War Z was ok. A few plot holes here and there, doesn't quite surpass 28 days later but it does have some interesting concepts to add to the zombie apocalypse genre. I feel like getting myself a copy of the book after watching this.

I read the book immediately after Leperman showed me the trailer late last year. Haven't watched the movie yet but from what scenes i've seen so far, i hope that this won't be limited to just one film.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Yeah I watched it too recently, it was good, but not that good imho. What added to the experience was the people in the cinema's reaction to...stuff. Asinine, to the point of being funny.

"Ah zombie pala yung kalaban.. kala ko kasi world war."
"Ayun na yung gamot nila!"
@ one of the shocker scenes: "Ayputangmalande!"
(06-26-2013, 08:11 PM)Fox Wrote:
(06-26-2013, 07:33 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: World War Z was ok. A few plot holes here and there, doesn't quite surpass 28 days later but it does have some interesting concepts to add to the zombie apocalypse genre. I feel like getting myself a copy of the book after watching this.

I read the book immediately after Leperman showed me the trailer late last year. Haven't watched the movie yet but from what scenes i've seen so far, i hope that this won't be limited to just one film.

according to Iraya-sama and another friend of mine the movie doesn't follow the book closely. haven't watched it yet tho. maybe it's like the resident evil/silent hill movies in that it follows the world setting but not the story of the source material.
The Wolverine. I love that it's smaller in scale and doesn't try to go over the top. But most of my attention was on the japanese actresses LOL
I thought the silver samurai was merely there for decoration(or a sub-boss)...
but I guess it was built to defeat wolverine in case he didn't give in to the old man's wish.
Elysium. Doesn't quite match D9. But Wikus makes an awesome villain

Alien elves in starships versus quasi-immortal space vikings in flying longboats with lasers! Big grin
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Also watched Elysium and I have to say I should have watched it sooner! While thinking about it the story isn't as great as D9 but in my opinion its not by much.

Still the people who made these know how make a great story and awesome tech! I just loved the Chemrail Rifle scene!

Just watched White House Down and I liked it! ^^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are you watching/ have you just watched?? NiX 25 32,522 05-23-2017, 01:53 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  Movie Trailers NiX 75 79,066 10-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  Gran Turismo (Movie) Goat 5 9,262 11-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  Adventures of Tintin (movie) Twin-Skies 8 12,998 12-19-2011, 03:40 AM
Last Post: RoninFang
  Voltron Movie NiX 7 11,050 09-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  Tekken movie atdsutm 5 7,444 01-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Serene
  Transformers the Movie clonezero 92 88,974 07-09-2009, 10:40 PM