Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:32 PM
Pet peeves
Little things that annoy you.

- putting apostrophes where they shouldn't be. Like after acronyms to indicate a plural. Oh my god. ex. AC's, PC's, GI's, etc. Even NY Times is doing this. It's starting to get mainstream!!! ARGH.

- so... many... ellipses... Blink

- local tv

- call center accents. Use it in your job. Don't use it outside. It just sounds stupid.

More later. I have too many.
(11-11-2009, 11:37 AM)NiX Wrote: Little things that annoy you.

- putting apostrophes where they shouldn't be. Like after acronyms to indicate a plural. Oh my god. ex. AC's, PC's, GI's, etc. Even NY Times is doing this. It's starting to get mainstream!!! ARGH.

Dala ng elementary yan... Yan ang turo eh...

Masarap ang Abowbow.
'Signatures are overrated.'
things that annoy me.

text talk. POH, KUYAH, POWH, or this. helo powh,,,,,,,,,,

local teleseryes.

richard gutierrez

LRT.

ridiculously religious people who try to fucking insert their values up my ass.

backstabbers(dude, just tell it to my face)

Jeepney drivers who take way too much time to load people in.

stupid filipinos

asking questions to obvious answers like example, i posted an ad in tpc for a 4gb ipod. here was the title" 4gb ipod for sale 3k"

first inquirer, "kuyah, magkano po?"

second: "paps, ilan gig?"

people that always want style over substance, like one of my cousins (not tikyo)

me: try this game! (valkyria chronicles)

cuz: ayaw ko, fantasy eh, ndi MAANGAS. NBA LIVE NALANG TAYO.
- Sticky caps, text language, etc.

- Excessive use of ellipses per statement.

- Call center accents. Unless that's how you naturally speak, which I always doubt.

- Pinkish environment. (Noisy, ear-piercingly annoying voices with boring jokes from KSPs)

- Idiots who mistake their opinions to be a fact.
People who are not considerate of other people.

Idiots who FORCE their opinion on you stating them to be a fact without checking if it makes sense in the first place.

Idiots who FORCE their opinion on you stating them to be a fact even though it is STILL illogical AND after you've humbled them because you cracked their planet size EGO.

Backstabbers.

People who take advantage of your loyalty.

Morons who try/have tried to mug/steal/stab me.

uhh... Ugly crackers that try to pinch my ass. Honestly. WTH.

@NiX -- I suffered from that apostrophe problem a while back too. Good thing I read the posts in this forum and stopped doing it. LOL

RR has been a safe haven for me. I try to give this forum as much love as I can. Sophie
[Image: Sig07.png]

"I love chocolate-covered Sophie." A. Nina
Some annoyances i can think of at the moment.

- airsoft zombies.

- counterfeit figures being sold at full price.

- flying cockroaches.

- MRT Magallanes station.

- weekend sales at malls.

- cold rice.

- jeepney drivers who waste your time waiting for fares when you're desperately in a rush.

- early afternoon local soap operas.

- campaign season for local elections and those stupid jingles (anak ng kangkong, here we go again Facepalm )

- cashiers who shortchange ("Kuya, may lima ka? Ok lang kung kulang ng piso?")

- aerosol cans that run dry just when you're almost done with a project.

- Sundae cones and french fries.

- People who feel like they're "mga anak ng diyos" (especially here where i live).

- househelps who spend way too much time on the phone or TV when they have something else to do.

- text speak where they don't belong (message boards, emails, etc).

- leg cramps that wake you up painfully.

- roadside videoke bars and drunken singers (I DID IT MYYYYY WAAAAA-AAAAAYYYY!)

- half-popped popcorn kernels

- EDSA on Saturday evenings.

- traffic jam beggars who just won't leave your window.

- waiters who pretend they didn't hear you.

- lukewarm beer.

- people who think they're invincible after going through just one martial-arts lesson (like one friend of mine, felled by a softdrink bottle to the head after dropping into a stance, during an argument with another friend).

- whiny little bastards who don't know when to shut their mouths.

- losing one essential tiny part on a model you're working on.

- traffic cops that suddenly pop out of nowhere ("boss, baka naman may pang-meryenda kami dyan?").

- noisy chickens and roosters that deprive you of sleep.

- The President of the Republic of the Philippines.

- DVD and cellphone vendors in Greenhills (Try walking around the cellphone area with a box and see what kind of people you'll attract)

- Red ants

- long taxi stand line-ups and not enough taxis to go around.

- local folk-pop groups (ANG HALIK MO... NAMI-MISS KO~!)

- Call center agents who shouldn't have even passed the language training part (trust me, having been through that kind of job, i know that a lot of agents don't even deserve to be on the floor.).

- bus drivers that speed by your intended stop.

- Christmas carolers that come back every other hour.

- opening a bag of chips and finding that it's only half-full

- not being able to go to RR meets.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(11-11-2009, 01:43 PM)Fox Wrote: EDIT - losing one essential tiny part on a model you're working on down the drain because it popped into your eye and you had to wash it out.

Painful indeed.Facepalm
[Image: Sig07.png]

"I love chocolate-covered Sophie." A. Nina
lol ang haaaba nyan.

-Pag paalis ka na ng bahay tsaka ka palang napapa-ebak.
-Pag nakalabas ka na ng bahay tapos may nakalimutan kang idouble check.
-Pag na late ka na sa pupuntahan mo dahil sa kaka-balik mo sa bahay.
(11-11-2009, 01:38 PM)Trace-02 Wrote: People who are not considerate of other people.

Idiots who FORCE their opinion on you stating them to be a fact without checking if it makes sense in the first place.

Idiots who FORCE their opinion on you stating them to be a fact even though it is STILL illogical AND after you've humbled them because you cracked their planet size EGO.

Backstabbers.

People who take advantage of your loyalty.

Morons who try/have tried to mug/steal/stab me.

uhh... Ugly crackers that try to pinch my ass. Honestly. WTH.

+ people who say "pare, ang ganda ng buhok mo?" Tongue
Telling me what to do when I'm doing it right (this includes those people in the arcades who give you unwanted advice, especially those who try to press the buttons for you). They might probably mean well, but it just gets on my nerves at times.
- When a month's worth of plans get junked due to inconsiderately stupid events.

- When you know you're right and you are and a few number of idiots support each other into forcing you to think they're right and they're very not.
[Like some people whom I lost to just because they don't know the difference between a cabbage and a cauliflower]

- Misspelled Words. Typos are pretty much OK.

- Sitting beside the driver in a jeep then someone sits at my right and they both start SMOKING. Konting urbanidad naman please.

- Mga taong sobrang pasikat. Hindi naman sila ang Araw sa tangahaling tapat.

- Know-it-alls who have very narrow point of views. Worse if they're traditional hypocrites...

- People who think they've played me well. The last one who did this to me didn't make it to OJT.

and a few inside Fox's long list.
(11-11-2009, 02:31 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: -Pag nakalabas ka na ng bahay tapos may nakalimutan kang idouble check.
-Pag na late ka na sa pupuntahan mo dahil sa kaka-balik mo sa bahay.

Haha oo nakakarelate ako dito. LOL

(11-11-2009, 04:56 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: Telling me what to do when I'm doing it right (this includes those people in the arcades who give you unwanted advice, especially those who try to press the buttons for you). They might probably mean well, but it just gets on my nerves at times.

O_O

Anyway, here are mine, many are road related:

-People asking favors from me when I know they can do it, and just because they're being lazy

-Waiting until the last possible minute, when I'm about to sign out, then asking me to fix an issue

-Doing something you already did. Rework in general. Applies to anything except my interests (games, RR Smile )

-Being on leave then being called by the office

-Trying on denim jeans (I always have a hard time finding a good pair)

-Jeeps and buses stopping in the middle of the road to pick up passengers, when there is clearly space for them to move aside (I've thought about this a lot, feeling ko sinasadya nila yan para magcause ng traffic buildup, para mas mapansin sila nung mga pasahero)

-Vehicles that take way too large a space for the u-turn (mostly jeeps - see previous peeve)

-The general effect of vehicles slowing down near u-turns, even if they're not going to take it (seriously, why are you slowing down? you're going straight, for crying out loud. are you watching the other people make the u-turn? pisses me off to no end)

-Vehicles slowing down on the road because there's an accident on the opposite side (i understand slowing down if the accident is on the same side, just being careful, but the opposite side is just watching! wala ba kayong pupuntahan? anong magagawa ng panonood niyo? may matutulong ba yan?)

-Traffic jam... when you're already late (isn't it ironic, don't you think)

EDIT: Taxis that refuse to take you where you want to go.
(11-12-2009, 09:48 AM)Grim Wrote: Taxis that refuse to take you where you want to go.

Especially when you've been waiting for a cab for so long then one shows up and he says he's only gonna go the other way. Di ba pwede i-report yung mga yun?

Here's one i think a lot of us here have in common - being forced by your parents to go to church.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Pwede ire port mga ganung driver. Pero mas masaklap kung hindi sila humihinto kahit pumapara ka kasi katabi no loading/unloading sign.
jeepney drivers making u turns annoy me too. I mean, they've been driving for a long time and still havent developed any skill? wtfh? I can understand if they're like gonna go to the other side immediately to drop someone off or what, but a lot of times, they just plain suck and cant do a u-turn without taking up 2-3 lanes! like what I told nix and fox last sunday, A "minimum radius" turn is pretty easy to pull off.

ah, the taxi thing, It just annoys me to no end too. I really wanna tell them "it's your fucking job, do it or aren't you man enough to drive a bit farther from your comfort zone?"

the church thing, fox. one word. AMEN. LOL.