Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:42 PM
Improvising Tips and Tricks
Seems to me like some of the ones on top can still be redeemed, albeit with an ungodly amount of flash trimming and cutting. My cutter blades might dull before i'm done with them.

Still, that's a step forward for you, man. Good job! Salute
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
This thread is doing its job. Happy
'Signatures are overrated.'
(07-23-2012, 01:27 PM)Fox Wrote: albeit with an ungodly amount of flash trimming and cutting.

They're pretty easy to clean, I mean you can even tear them off by hand. The last one I made didn't get much flash near the gun barrel.
[Image: resintest_08.jpg]

Here's a closer look at the defects:
[Image: resintest_09.jpg]
Ouch. Reminds me of the Finecast models made by Citadel.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Too large to fill up?
More like, too quick to set to properly fill up.
Aduy.
This is probably the resin that I need.

This is the one I just used.
Just a question though. How does the fully-set resin feel like?
They're more dense than the usual gunpla material but they can be as brittle as gunpla when it comes to small parts. I think the closest thing I could think of is those keychains sold over there(the ones made of clear plastic with a pic of jesus inside or something).
So those recast WRAITHs are all heavier than the original ones then?
yeah pretty much. But don't forget the original kit is hollow on the inside.(I should've disassembled it first before recasting Chair)
That's fine. At least you were able to get some good experience out of it. We're now one step closer to our plan of assembling a legion of Variable Infinity model kits!
I'd like to start my own bootleg company.
Does Koto sue them bootleggers?