Current time: 03-29-2024, 07:01 PM
Improvising Tips and Tricks
One of those boosters seems pretty decent enough. I think it's just a matter of getting your process refined. Soon enough, you should be able to churn out good quality parts. Salute

*coughcoughRLArecastcoughcoughSRheadcoughcough*
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I think oyumaru is only good when you're duplicating parts that has one side that is completely flat. I'm going to try making two part molds tomorrow using oyumaru and pinkysil(liquid silicone) and hopefully I'll get better results.

If it wasn't for ACV I probably have prototypes for the rla and sr by now LOL
Ahhh. Well, here's to hoping that you succeed then. Basta wag mong kalimutan yung pinagusapan natin noon ah. Whistle
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I completely ruined hours of work by making one mistake. I forgot to spray some mold release for the second half of the mold Facepalm I'll try again on the weekend. Anyway this is merely testing the materials.

Ready to be filled with silicone
[Image: pinky_00.jpg]

First half turned out ok-ish
[Image: pinky_01.jpg]

Still waiting for the second half to cure. Hopefully I can still separate the two.
[Image: pinky_02.jpg]

As expected the two pieces bonded together. But I'm glad the details held out pretty well. I believe I might be able to reuse the mold after all.Probably not.
[Image: pinky_03.jpg]

[Image: pinky_04.jpg]
It's like that saying about omelettes and eggs, but in your case, it's more like "you can't make a good plamo mold without screwing up a bit along the way."

Or something like that. Tongue
Hopefully this should be the last of the mold making mishaps LOL. I used around 70ml of silicone and I only have 500 grams to work with.
WE so need to try making molds!
Fuunyaah~
Medyo mahal lang kasi ang silicon dito eh. Halos kasing presyo ng isang HGUC kit.
Gaano naman kadami?
'Signatures are overrated.'
half liter, IIRC
Mahal din dito iirc $35. Ano kaya yung mga materyales na ginagamit nung mga gumagawa ng bootleg kits o toys... I bet theyre using something cheaper.
Or maybe the same stuff but got them cheaper.
'Signatures are overrated.'
They're probably cutting the silicon with some other cheap plastic. The result would always be horribly brittle, like the Bendi ones. Although in recent years, the quality of bootleg kits have gone up considerably.
I think theyre missing stuff themselves thats why sometimes I wonder if its really safe industry grade plastic theyre making.. May allergic reaction pa naman ako sa plastic dust when sanding kaya I tend to avoid bootlegs.. xD
Fuunyaah~
After a dozen tries recasting the Wraith, only 3 can be salvaged. The resin(easycast) cures too fast. I've only got seconds to pour it before it starts to set, so basically the resin is unable to fill the mold completely and I end up with large gaps. I'll go look for slower curing resin next time.

[Image: horrocast.jpg]