Current time: 03-29-2024, 02:10 PM
Anime Overload Festival 2009
Anyone interested in going?

[Image: aof-teaser-poster.jpg]
This coming Sunday? If any other RR members are going, i'd be happy to go along.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
If enough of you are interested, I'll go. Big grin Sunday is perfect.
I'd like to go but I need a car as usual Sad
I was skimming the poster, 'til I saw Gyudon Eating Co-- ..Oh now I'm interested. LOL

But I guess I won't be able to get there after all, duty calls. Please post pictars instead, thanks!
I want to go :3. I've never been to MOA before. LOL I MIGHT be able to drive there.

Oh and what time do we meet if ever? Does anyone have a schedule of activities for the event? Like when does the Gyudon eating contest starts and others?
MAID CAFE!! like the ones on festivals.. Domo Domo Domo

can I tag along? XD

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
Up to you guys what time we're gonna meet. We could either go there in the morning or after lunch. I'm also wondering how much the entrance fee is gonna be?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(11-04-2009, 06:00 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: I want to go :3. I've never been to MOA before. LOL I MIGHT be able to drive there.

Oh and what time do we meet if ever? Does anyone have a schedule of activities for the event? Like when does the Gyudon eating contest starts and others?

Just get your ass on EDSA. Stay on the leeeeft side when you go up the SLEX/EDSA flyover so that you don't end up on southbound SLEX. When you get down, stay a bit to the right or the middle so that you don't end up in the airport. Just keep going straight through EDSA until you see the rotonda with a big steel globe. Go left on the rotonda, and take the next right that you see, into the mall. Straight, and you'll see the SMX. Edit: Don't worry about parking. 40 for the whole day.
I forgot to mention, I found out about the event because Monster Hunter Philippines (MHPH) has a booth there where people will be able to play MH LOL

...No surprise there, huh. Hahaha
(11-04-2009, 06:00 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: I want to go :3. I've never been to MOA before. LOL I MIGHT be able to drive there.

Just to add to what Nix said, I know how to get there from my place.
Quote:Anime Overload Festival AOF 2009

November 8, 2009 (10AM-8PM)
Function 5, SMX Convention Center, Mall Of Asia

What to expect:

1. Japan Foundation will be providing us with MANGA COMICS for everyone reading pleasure, they will set up a mini library.

2. World of Fun will bring 3 of their famous fighting arcade machine, everyone can play for free, game stubs will be on a first come first serve basis, so be sure to be there early.

3. Netopia will be having a DOTA lan game, everyone can also play for free.

4. Otakuzine will be giving away DC kids comics on their booth.

5. Game! Magazine will be giving away sampler Game! Magazine on their booth.

6. Gamehopper will giveaway discount coupons for monthly rental of PS3, Xbox & Wii games - all of their games are original.

7. SugarFree & Blue will be selling the Official Shirt of Anime Overload Festival, watch out for it because it is not your ordinary event shirts. Be sure to check out their booth

8. PinoyPS.com will be having their videogame challenge for Streetfighter IV & Tekken 6. Be sure to check-out their website & register. The Champion will win the pot money plus other exciting items.

9. PinoyPS.com will be having their "Kakasa ka ba sa Streetfighter Grandmaster?" wherein anyone can challenge their SF grandmaster, anyone who beats their grandmaster will win prizes such as Streetfighter Minimates, Videogame posters & other items. That is if you beat the grandmaster.

10. Jack TV will be giving away special prizes for cosplayers of Jack TV shows such as WWE, Simpsons, King of the Hill, American Dad, Batman & other shows.

11. Richwell will be giving away special prizes for Bakugan cosplayers.

12. Enchanted Kingdom will be giving away special prize to the one they picked as "Wizard Eldar's Costripper Pick"

13. Otakai Figure Society will be displaying their Anime figures such as Nendoroids, Figma, PVC & other beautiful figures.

14. And everyone is so excited about, THE MAID CAFE. We are totally doing a different kind of maid cafe. There will be different performances & mini games everytime you enter the Maid Cafe. Hahaha, We are really pushing the envelope here, wish us luck that everyone of us can pull it off. Be sure to check it out because there will be lots of exciting things happening in the Maid Cafe

15. Cosplay Competition for Single & Group Ediition.

16. Anime Dance Showdown

17. Anime Karaoke Idol

18. We will be giving away a Nintendo DS-I to one lucky attendee, We are raffling the Nintendo DS-I to anyone who have the entrance ticket, bought an item & filled-out the survey form. We will be raffling it early so everyone will have a chance to win this premium item.

... and much more

Taken from: http://brightsideevents.multiply.com/journal The site has rules for the contests as well.

Jake's interested in #8 for sure :p
*saw pot money in tekken 6* okay, I wanna go. can i just tag along with you guys? (rick and jake)
I won't join. My Ling isn't pro yet. It's too soon. Actually more of, my Ling isn't Korean yet LOL
No sense joining if I won't be able to win.

...Time to start cramming Steve/Bob!!!
eh? it's ok. Imma go to the maid cafe and other stuff after I win this tourney lol *dreaming*
DArn, If I get well, I'll go with you guys. I want to see you guys own or be owned in a way or two...
This is gonna be way better than last April's Ozinefest.
'Signatures are overrated.'

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AFAX - Anime Festival Asia NiX 12 12,627 11-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Last Post: NiX
  The Best of Anime 2010 zero_kanipan 3 5,625 09-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  I ai Anime (7/10-11) Sforza 1 3,332 07-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Last Post: azuriel07