Current time: 05-11-2024, 03:09 PM
What the hell are you working on?
The work in progress thread
At first glance I was trying to guess which MG version of the RGM was that.

(02-04-2018, 10:03 PM)Fox Wrote: until i get an airbrush and compressor though.

ayan na, winds of change....

-------

Trying the HGBBF expressive hands on both 1/144 and 1/100 Wing kits. The ball connectors are a bit small but that's a minor issue.

[Image: 40080250221_62c077e1fb_h.jpg]

[Image: 39369514464_0bce28a464_h.jpg]

[Image: 26206365848_13185ad627_h.jpg]
The Mercurius is blushing. Ahahhahaha
'Signatures are overrated.'
Parang kinilig si inday sa pinapanood na teleserye.
(02-05-2018, 12:10 AM)J.E_Magog Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 10:03 PM)Fox Wrote: until i get an airbrush and compressor though.

ayan na, winds of change....

Well, i kinda had to step up my game. Serene introduced me to some gunpla enthusiasts he had befriended and i've hung out with them a few times now. Let's just say that i realized what a mediocre hobbyist i've been for the past few years and that i wanted to improve what i know, hence the desire to learn how to paint better and to learn more skills. Tongue

Ayoko naman kasing napapag-iwanan ako, hahaha. LOL
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Hindi mo pa ba nasubukan mag pre-shade? Gusto ko nga na masubukan pero walang oras or tinatamad lang talaga mag set up Facepalm
(02-09-2018, 06:14 AM)J.E_Magog Wrote: Hindi mo pa ba nasubukan mag pre-shade? Gusto ko nga na masubukan pero walang oras or tinatamad lang talaga mag set up Facepalm

I tried doing preshading using spraycans before. Basecoat of white with patches of dark gray between the panels then the main colors over it. I'm pretty sure that the main colors were too opaque because i sure as hell couldn't see any shading at all afterwards.

That was years ago, back in 2010, IIRC. LOL
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
lol I'm afraid to even try it with a spray can dahil mahirap kontrolin. Baka maglaho nang tuluyan yung panel line kapag sinubukan ko.
Been wanting to build this Terran Marine that i got from Trace way back in 2009. Was hit with a major case of boredom last evening and i decide to snap this guy together.

[Image: 40589927652_750f56d327_o.jpg]

The Marine was pretty easy to assemble, barely taking half an hour. He's not that big, just standing at around two and half times the size of one of my WH40k minis. Poseability is nil, haha. Pretty much at the level of an FG gunpla kit. Does come with an optional enclosed helmet but i think i'll stick with the exposed face for this.

[Image: 40589925852_4074513cd4_o.jpg]

Currently in the middle of sanding off the seamlines. Will be painting this bugger as soon as I can decide on a color scheme.
So i've managed to put some colors and decals on the Terran Marine. Everything was handpainted with Vallejo acrylics.

[Image: 38879910300_9932be0dcd_z.jpg]

The base is a mock-up for now but should be close enough to the end result. I'm still wondering how to do the gravel and rocks for it.
Hey, those decals. Where have I seen those before? Tongue

Good job though, really nice and clean finish Big grin
(03-09-2018, 05:46 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: Hey, those decals. Where have I seen those before? Tongue

Most likely from the sizeable stack of Warhammer 40k decal sheets i've accumulated since 2011. LOL

Thanks, Chief. Still not done though. It's still very much a WIP.

Progress as of 10pm on 03/09/2018. Added weathering and scuffing to the armor panels and some zergling claw wounds to the dude's face. Big grin

[Image: 40020043324_5f21239e42_z.jpg]
Is there a particular color mixture for the skin color? I have a Strelok kit from ages ago that could use some hand painting.

That's a good clean job btw. Do you spray the acrylic with top coat once dried?
Thanks, man. Still not done with it so no topcoat just yet. I'm planning to finish it by mounting it on some wooden bases i ordered from a friend. Hopefully, i get them this weekend. Topcoat comes after and then that highly-coveted spot in front of my computer monitor. Big grin

[Image: 40801934651_dcd01437ae_z.jpg]

I used Vallejo Game Colors and washes for this. The recipe for the skin is as follows:

1. Basecoat of Beastie Brown or any medium brown, 2 thin coats.
2. Layer of Cadmium Skin or any slightly-tanned fleshtone, 2 thin coats again.
3. Wash of European Dust or any brown wash, 1 heavy coat.
4. Drybrush of Cadmium Skin, focusing on the cheeks, nose, forehead and other raised areas. Make sure to leave some of the previous coat showing in the recesses.

I used a very light gray on the eyes and didn't bother drawing the pupils. This gives the eyes a very sinister look. The claw marks were made by scoring the face with a hobby knife and then making very fine lines with thinned black paint and then some some thicker red lines on the outside.

Obviously, i applied what lessons i've learned from painting my WH40k minis on this one, hahahaha.
Current progress on the RX-122 TR-2 Vervain.

[Image: 40781969062_1f3df7aa1f_z.jpg]

[Image: 40781970002_66d4318632_z.jpg]

The yellow chest vents and clavicle launchers aren't included in the pic, as I decided to redo them. I've always had a hard time with getting yellow to turn out well if it's handbrushed.
Thanks for the tips. Turns out it's more about layering rather than mixing different types of paint.