Current time: 05-12-2024, 06:37 AM
What the hell are you working on?
The work in progress thread
I was thinking of something like Hogire's weathering because I'm not sure how heavy weathering might turn out, unless you're aiming for something like White Glint's weathering.

Try getting your hands on a tamiya weather master, or just try to replicate it using cheaper alternatives like watercolor etc. I remember back then I used india ink for one of my models.
Try copper paint? It would at least give the effect of the AC being made of titanium.
'Signatures are overrated.'
(09-03-2012, 10:52 PM)Serene Wrote: Try copper paint? It would at least give the effect of the AC being made of titanium.

Ummm, isn't copper reddish and titanium silvery? Blink
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Nyahaha. Just do what you usually do. You're already doing good with dry brushing.
First cool pose I could think of for Seravee
[Image: DSCN0221.jpg]

With lamp
[Image: DSCN0220.jpg]

And for some reason a sandstorm in my room
[Image: DSCN0218.jpg]

I have six beam sabers, an action base and I'm open to ideas.
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
(09-04-2012, 12:55 AM)Serene Wrote: Nyahaha. Just do what you usually do. You're already doing good with dry brushing.

That's the problem. Drybrushing with silver is good for dark colors like the ACs i did for MJTing. The issue here is that the AC i want to weather is colored white and gold. For the white, i can probably try using gunmetal gray but the gold is gonna be a pain.

Oh well, i guess it's time to hit up either Hobby Fanatics or some of the other mecha plamo boards.

(09-03-2012, 09:42 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: I was thinking of something like Hogire's weathering because I'm not sure how heavy weathering might turn out, unless you're aiming for something like White Glint's weathering.

Try getting your hands on a tamiya weather master, or just try to replicate it using cheaper alternatives like watercolor etc. I remember back then I used india ink for one of my models.

Light weathering lang, pre. Medyo gusto ko pang i-keep yung pagka-shiny nung gold while leaving the white with a slightly "nausukan at nadumihan" look.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Having a lamp helps me see the stuff I made mistakes in my mod better. The fixed blades for example look real bad and uneven [not smooth]

Try adding a bit of black to the silver paint you use for weathering. The effects doesn't necessarily have to be visible all the time.
(09-05-2012, 10:17 AM)Serene Wrote: Having a lamp helps me see the stuff I made mistakes in my mod better. The fixed blades for example look real bad and uneven [not smooth]

Try adding a bit of black to the silver paint you use for weathering. The effects doesn't necessarily have to be visible all the time.

Kaya nga gunmetal gray ang susubukan ko eh.
1/72 Overcross Progress:
Core Mod and Detailing: 100%
Leg Mod and Detailing: 99%
Arms Mod and Detailing: 80%
Head Mod and Detailing: 90% [Antenna na lang ok na TT-TT]

1/144 Blu Duel Progress:
Spine Extension :p: Complete
Shield blade mounts and guns in progress.
Leg armor mod and beam gun with attached anti-ship bayonet still a concept.

Will update with pics...
Don't have a clue how Overcross looks like right now. I think I only saw the head and weapons iirc.
Carpy Pics!

OverCross
[Image: overcrossaf.jpg]
[Image: overcrossbs.jpg]
[Image: overcrosscr.jpg]
[Image: overcross00.jpg]
[Image: overcrosscoreopen.jpg]
[Image: overcross02.jpg]
[Image: overcrosslegf.jpg]
[Image: overcrosslegr.jpg]

I suggest trying to find the old OC pics. Huge difference.

Blu Navy Duel (Ayoko kasi sa Regen Duel)
[Image: navyduel00.jpg]
[Image: navyduel01.jpg]
[Image: navyduel02.jpg]
[Image: navyduel04.jpg]
[Image: navyduelmodgreavea.jpg]
[Image: navyduelmodgreaveb.jpg]
[Image: navyduelmodnecka.jpg]
[Image: navyduelmodneckb.jpg]
[Image: navyduelmodtorsoa.jpg]
[Image: navyduelmodtorsob.jpg]

I based the thigh extension from another modeller's mod. It's quite effective. The torso mod was from Trace-02. Hellheart gave me a push with the neck mod.
Tumaas yata ng around 5mm-6mm yung duel.

It's main rifle is from a 1/100 Airmaster Gundam. Sayang isa lang, it could've been better if I had two of those.
Pretty cool. It's not like one of those attempts to slap a million grenade cannons on their AC. I'd like to see that up close if I ever get there.
It has a blades and rockets setup, plus a left arm grenade launcher. Binaklas ko yung Python because I wasn't happy with how it came out.
I'm aiming for it to be arm mounted as well.

Anyways. Regarding body mod. Hindi naman lahat ng AC kapag sinalpakan na ng grenade launchers astig na.
More or less 3 years na din 'tong project, might as well make use of all the experience I gained from modding this one [and my very first] AC.
THEYRE ALIVE!!!
Fuunyaah~
Hey guys I just got my 1/100 MG Wing Gundam Custom, but when I looked for the decal that goes on it's chest I was a bit disappointed. It was a sticker and next to it in a part tray was a clear cap for it, but the HG Wing Zero Custom I have has a jel bead thing that actually sticks pretty well to the chest. So what should I use, the sticker and cap, or the jel bead? And this is for Wing Gundam Custom.
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.