Current time: 05-10-2024, 02:16 PM
What the hell are you working on?
The work in progress thread
Daya. 3D printing. Haha. Astig ah.
Are you gonna put in extra details after?
'Signatures are overrated.'
(01-12-2012, 09:46 AM)Serene Wrote: Daya
Lol it's not like I'm having fun doing this. I'm not sure how detailed this will end up bec all I've got for reference is the PS2 models and they're very low detailed.
Reblogged this btw

So that's where your blog went. I was wondering what happened to it when the Pixiv account suddenly went missing.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Overcome with too much inspiration due to MSG: 0081, I've finally decided on starting my own project. Be it screwing up majorly or not, I don't care but I'll do what I can. Most likely I'm going to fuck up though. So moving on I bought 3 spray paints so far, two of which (Pylox) are metallic mullberry and black. The last one will be my primer - a Bosny Khaki, which was the closest one I could ever find similar to a neutral color like gray (i dont think should be buying the darker-toned grays anyway). Also bought around 4-6 sheets of 600-Grit sandies. I'll be back for more within this week.

So far I bought a Gelgoog (I might either use the MS-14A or C variant) and two Zaku IIs (F-2s). I might add about two more Zeon kits, which could either be an MS-09 or another MS-06F-2 coupled with an MS-05L, if I ever find one.
Anyway, it's going to be a diorama of an encounter between a Zeon and a Feddie squad. Or I could just make the former as space pirates, giving me more opportunity to be more creative in general and have a wider range for the hostiles; as for them, I initially planned on getting some RGM-79Ns, but I might reconsider and get more cannon fodders in between 0079-0087. That includes Axis MS as well.
Anyway, I'll just see how it goes. It's not that I'm going to buy the rest all out at once anyway. I'll be prioritizing on the Zeon kits I bought for now. Too bad we can't have the sun on us for 6 months, or I'd be spraying on them all over now. Mmm.

Edit:
Btw, does anyone use third-party decals? Because I'm not sure whether I should stick to the default stickers or not.

In any case, I'll go ask the ones in GH shopesville if they have some next time.
(03-05-2012, 08:38 PM)Goat Wrote: ZEON MS

Will be waiting for updates on this particular project. I suggest adding either a Dom or a Gouf (or both) to the lineup. Clapping
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Poor dude in the middle gets butchered tomorrow.

[Image: th_KWGP0102.jpg]
MG na GP01? I'd love to see what you're gonna do to that unit. Tongue
I'm going to modify it to make it look like Kawamori's original design since Katoki just made it too GP03-ish.
Looking forward to the GP01. Must learn from any source available. @___@

@ Thread:

Talk about being late on sched; just added the primers. I'll try to take some pics later or tomorrow once I've painted the first kit and dried them all out.

Edit:

Ugh. Can't find the charger of the camera. Can't take pics. Still haven't assembled anything though. LOL

Edit 2:

Bought 3 more kits; Rick Dom II, Quel, and 79N. Not to mention a nipper and more paint colorzzz. I'll post them when I've assembled at least one already.
Update: Here it is; how I screwed up so far.

I wanted to try the old fashioned way where you take the parts off the runners before sanding and priming, but then I saw a motherfucking short overview for lazyass people who want, but don't deserve a good, finished product in the end like me.

So I was puzzled by the faster results I can somehow get with this process (i've already tried the normal way around btw), so I went to Immaterial's Gogg and consulted it about this.

This was its response:

[Image: IMG_2821.jpg]

Insulted, I wanted to prove this thing otherwise. Hence, my journey for the search for the truth within different applicable aerosol maneuvers and combining them with my metagaming experience has begun in the world of model kits.

Group Picture:

[Image: IMG_2797.jpg]

Metallic Mullbery Fail:

[Image: IMG_2804.jpg]

Primed:

[Image: IMG_2810.jpg]

Painted:

[Image: IMG_2807.jpg]

Unpainted (other MS-06F-2); still sealed and a little underexposed, hence the slightly different and darker color:

[Image: IMG_2809.jpg]

Still chimichangas, that was pointless. - Some random guy.
WTF is that a carbine in that priming pic Blink

I don't recommend the runner spraying part of the tutorial. Stick to the old school if you're working with HGUCs and even ACs or anything that involves a lot of exposed cut marks and seamlines, unlike newer PGs and MGs which are almost toy-ish since the parts are easily put together.

Or if you don't want to deal with too much painting, simply cut them out cleanly, sand then panel line LOL
(03-17-2012, 11:15 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: WTF is that a carbine in that priming pic Blink

I don't recommend the runner spraying part of the tutorial. Stick to the old school if you're working with HGUCs and even ACs or anything that involves a lot of exposed cut marks and seamlines, unlike newer PGs and MGs which are almost toy-ish since the parts are easily put together.

Or if you don't want to deal with too much painting, simply cut them out cleanly, sand then panel line LOL

Alright. Thanks! I guess the Gogg was right. Magog, Gogg... sounds similar, I see a connection. LOL

The carbine looking thing is the Zaku F2's machine with grenade launcher btw.
I'm a little undecided on the quality of that metallic green paint. It's a little too sparkly for my tastes but i'll hold off further judgment til i see the whole package. Tongue

On a side note, here's a quick look at what's been keeping me busy this last three weeks, a commission for the MG S Gundam.

[Image: S01.jpg]

[Image: S02.jpg]

And here's a size comparison to an MG Exia.

[Image: S-ExiaComparison.jpg]
Balita ko umiyak ka daw.
'Signatures are overrated.'
(03-19-2012, 03:26 PM)Serene Wrote: Balita ko umiyak ka daw.

Umiyak ako pagkatapos mabuo yun. Tapos na yung paghihirap ko eh. Tongue