Current time: 05-13-2024, 11:16 AM
What the hell are you working on?
The work in progress thread
(11-07-2011, 03:42 AM)McCale Wrote: what kind of color scheme are you thinking about using for the DA successors?

I'm trying to choose between this

[Image: astartescustom01.jpg]

and this

[Image: astartescustom02.jpg]

Yeah, kinda generic but i specifically choose those colors so that they could be easily identified as an Unforgiven chapter. Plus, both schemes are a combination of the Pre and Post- Heresy colors of the Dark Angels themselves.

(11-07-2011, 05:48 AM)clonezero Wrote: question: do they secretly worship slaneesh?

No, they actually worship Malal. Shades
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
If anything, I'd go with the green scheme- simply because anything black with DA iconography would most likely be mistaken for Fallen DA's haha.
"I firmly believe there are three tenets that determine victory in warfare; and they are firepower, firepower, and more firepower."
Yeah, i also thought about that, which is why i added a bit of green in the first option. The Angels of Vengeance and Consecrators successor chapters also wear black armor but with white trim and red markings respectively.

Thanks for the input but i've already decided on the black with green trim scheme. In order to differentiate it from the Fallen's shiny, jet-black armor, i'm gonna be using a flat, almost dull shade of black. Happy
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I finally got the time to modify the Blu Duel I got from Trace.

I based the mod from this guy's idea:
http://forum.zerogunz.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10450

One of the differences is that i used a hinge instead of a ball joint for the torso.
All I got to do now is clean/smooth the legs since I had to fill in some uneven parts and gaps with superglue.
I'll post pics when I have the time.
'Signatures are overrated.'
(11-26-2011, 06:41 PM)Serene Wrote: All I got to do now is clean/smooth the legs since I had to fill in some uneven parts and gaps with superglue.

Trace-02's work has gaps and uneven parts?!?!?! Shock
(11-27-2011, 09:25 AM)Fox Wrote:
(11-26-2011, 06:41 PM)Serene Wrote: All I got to do now is clean/smooth the legs since I had to fill in some uneven parts and gaps with superglue.

Nope. Just the legs and abdomen after the mod.
You dare doubt the skills of DAT TRACENESS?! HERETIC!
(11-27-2011, 09:39 AM)Serene Wrote:
(11-27-2011, 09:25 AM)Fox Wrote:

Nope. Just the legs and abdomen after the mod.
You dare doubt the skills of DAT TRACENESS?! HERETIC!

I doubt not the skills of DAT TRACENESS! I contest your false and untrue claims of shoddy worksmanship!

P.S - pics naman dyan pag nabilhan mo na ng charger yung camera. Tongue
Currently scraping off the primer on some of my AC's parts after my failed priming session.
Trace-02 and Fox did a great job with the brake fluid but the way I did things just made it so thick.

I'm also doing some repairs since it seems like the primer also took out some of the superglue I used to fill out some small gaps.
Nope, the superglue wasn't melted by the lube soak. I think i was the one who accidentally removed them when i started scraping off the leftover goop. Sad
I guess this can technically be called a mecha.

[Image: astartesdreadnought.jpg]

Added a Space Marine mk.V Dreadnought to my army. The basecoating and some detailwork has already been done over the weekend. Will follow up with edge-highlighting and drybrushing later.
Planned building for this year. Hopefully something for bakuc (if I get my hands on an MG GP01) but I feel like I'm too old for contests.
[Image: Gp0s.jpg]
I sense a diorama in the making.
More like snap builds/ failed mods in the making Facepalm
well this the first im telling this to anyone, well i always thought they should FROM software should make a Manga/anime/tv series to show more of the last raven story, so i have been thinking about a good story and i drew a couple of pictures of the main AC and protagonist, i would post one or two pics i drew but i have no idea how to
what do i fight for? i have nothing to fight for but i fight i LIVE because it is my only defiance to what ever gods may be for making my life a living hell
I've been doing some work on my boar tank. I tried uploading some pieces in the shop but by the looks of things I won't be able to afford it with the material that I want Sad
[Image: th_BoarPrv01-1.jpg] [Image: th_BoarPrv11.jpg]