Current time: 05-20-2024, 09:57 PM
What the hell are you working on?
The work in progress thread
(10-12-2011, 10:15 AM)Fox Wrote:
(10-12-2011, 10:05 AM)Serene Wrote: The crotch gave out, the boosters got lost, the weapons are nowhere to be found

Lots of surplus stuff to be found in my armory. Come on over one time if you want to have your MS outfitted.

Just the boosters would be fine
I'm 30% done with the new waist and crotch.
'Signatures are overrated.'
The thrusters from the MG GPO2a would look lovely on your project. LOL
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(10-12-2011, 10:29 AM)Fox Wrote: The thrusters from the MG GPO2a would look lovely on your project. LOL

Now those are big. Better on a 1/100.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Can't wait to see more Serene.
"I firmly believe there are three tenets that determine victory in warfare; and they are firepower, firepower, and more firepower."
Decided to resurrect a project that i've neglected to finish since 2008 - a squad of Devastator Marine miniatures. I already built three of them with just bolters back then and i finally got around to building the other seven just the other day.

Here's the squad's first section. From left to right, we have Brother Frank (lascannon), Brother Pete (bolter), Sergeant Bob (chainsword and plasma pistol), Brother Tom (bolter) and Brother Mike (heavy bolter).
[Image: devsquadsection1.jpg]

Here's the squad's second section. From left to right, we've got Brother Buzz (plasma cannon), Brother Jack (bolter), Standard Bearer George (power fist and bolter), Brother Kenny (heavy bolter) and Brother Dave (multi-melta).
[Image: devsquadsection2.jpg]

Here's a shot of the entire squad.
[Image: devsquadmounted.jpg]

Painting to be commenced once i determine whether or not my regular painting equipment will suffice for this job.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Beakie dude is a Devie! I wonder if there's a SM wearing an MK8 Errant armor available in the market. Unless they'd want us to custom-build it. LOL
Unlikely on the mass-produced part. I've been checking some blogs and forums for color schemes and army lists. There have been some sightings of the Errant pattern but all are fan-built mods. Games Workshop seems to be content with releasing just the regular Mk.IV to Mk.VII versions.
Current progress on AA's Nineball commission.

[Image: AANineBall.jpg]

Next up will be weathering and topcoating.
Black and Gold. Awesome.
(10-21-2011, 11:13 PM)Fox Wrote: Current progress on AA's Nineball commission.

[Image: AANineBall.jpg]

Next up will be weathering and topcoating.

Now that is a sexy beast
"I firmly believe there are three tenets that determine victory in warfare; and they are firepower, firepower, and more firepower."
Needed a change of pace so i'm putting all my mecha stuff on hold for now and will be focusing on my Astartes battlegroup.

[Image: astartesbasesdone.jpg]

Bases have been covered with modelling sand. Next step will be priming the entire Marine with black lacquer to help seal in the sand and prepare the models for basecoating.
(11-06-2011, 07:38 PM)Fox Wrote: Needed a change of pace so i'm putting all my mecha stuff on hold for now and will be focusing on my Astartes battlegroup.

[Image: astartesbasesdone.jpg]

Bases have been covered with modelling sand. Next step will be priming the entire Marine with black lacquer to help seal in the sand and prepare the models for basecoating.

What chapter will these marines be? Props on the Chaplain HQ choice btw
Homebrew chapter actually. I've been wanting to do a Dark Angels successor chapter for a while now. One with a focus on firepower, hence the larger number of heavy weapons troopers per squad.

The HQ-unit roster still ain't complete. I'm still scouring local shops for a captain and a command squad. So far, i've found zilch. Sad
what kind of color scheme are you thinking about using for the DA successors?
question: do they secretly worship slaneesh?
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!