optionals
AMINO
069ES
069SS
KISSYOH
079L+
CODON
MARISHI

Modification of the old Omega in my garage. Downgrade of the core, dropped the missile system and swapped the laser blade for an additional linear rifle, although i'm not sure if dual RLAs are better than an RL and and RLA. More of a damage rusher than anything else. Battle plan is simple enough - zoom in, pop the orbits, hold down the weapon buttons and stay in the enemy's face for as long as possible.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I like the RL + RLA combination than dual RLAs, The extra 20 rounds on the RL will go a long way in a battle. The design I feel it needs a long range support weapon of some sort in order to be more well rounded. Even something like the 69M will go a long way for long range firepower.

I'd like to suggest the G91 for this design instead of the FUDOH, or replace the boosters to a GULL for maximum effect if you plan to keep the FUDOH. The GULL + FUDOH will give you both a good top speed and boost endurance while the G91 + VULTURE2 is the most balanced and stable boost/gen combo in the game. Personally I'd go for the FUDOH + GULL because it would allow you to stay in-your-face and keep the pressure up with your distance for a longer duration than the G91 + VULTURE2.

I'm starting to re-think the effectiveness of the C89E EOs overall (in conjunction with all designs), as the extra weight doesn't seem to be worth having 2 semi accurate EOs. But if you want a really simple design that does away with the bells and whistles, the current setup minus the booster/gen combo should hold on its own on a mid-range damage race.

Oh, and have you thought of the A72F as an alternative to the XS? They both have low EN drain but the 72F has a much higher shell defense rating.
Points taken. The reason i chose the E over the E2 was because the E2 seems to blow through ammo way too quickly. I was looking for an EO core that timed it's shots a bit slower and i never really liked the energy EO cores so i went down to the E. I was originally thinking of strapping a 75MT+GAR2 combo on this frame but decided against the additional weight. I could probably add it back on and just drop it during the match. I'll also see if the 2F works for my tastes.

One question though - how manageable is the heat generated by the GULL/FUDOH combo?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Personally I don't like the FUDOH+GULL combo on this AC cuz your armaments are heavy enough as they are. It's such a big sacrifice on speed imo. Not that it's bad per se.

MT+GAR2 is awesome, but it's so heavy that it should be your main weapon in most cases.

FUDOH+GULL+ANANDA is real cold. No need to worry about it.
Add that A72F and well have near identical ACs :}
DApat pangaln nito, Rapista.
'Signatures are overrated.'
The suggested booster combo of GULL/FUDOH works beautifully with the design but not the MT/GAR2. Apparently, adding the aforementioned missile system is way too heavy. I also decided to keep the XS, as the A72F makes it so overweight that i have to allocate all tune point in the legs, core and arms just to get the frame to carry it. However, a few tweaks to the current frame, weight-tunewise, allows it to carry the KINNARA, which indeed helps out a lot in the first stages of a fight.

Thanks for the suggestions, people. Big grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Terminus Black Dragon 4 4,636 11-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Black Dragon