Current time: 03-28-2024, 04:51 PM
The Saboteur
Looks like a grittier Assassin's Creed.
Looking gooood and atmospheric.

<object classid="clsidBig grin27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="265" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/eacc527b" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/eacc527b" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="viddler" ></embed></object>

What do you guys think? I think it's going to be a busy holiday season - Uncharted 2, Borderlands, Tekken 6, Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2. Whew.
Bad news. Pandemic's closing, and the "core team" is being absorbed by EA LA. You know what that means - lost creative visions, mainstream marketing decisions, etc etc.

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2009/11...-to-ea-la/
Yeah, I've been following the news. Though I read their franchises and titles will still live on so Saboteur still has a chance to be completed, though by another group of people most likely.
(11-19-2009, 12:51 AM)Grim Wrote: Bad news. Pandemic's closing, and the "core team" is being absorbed by EA LA

Hahhaa it's over for them.
(11-19-2009, 07:32 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: Saboteur still has a chance to be completed, though by another group of people most likely.

I think EA full well intends to finish Saboteur, as there's been a bit of interest raised for it already (not to mention that it's a good premise for a game). The sucky thing is when a small developer house like Pandemic gets swallowed up by a big company like EA, some of the decisions get decided with a mainstream mindset, which is all about the bottom line.
The game's been getting lukewarm reviews. Now I don't know whether to get this or Dragon's Age instead.
Been playin around with the pc version of the game for a while, and I got to say I kinda like it. The game has many flaws(the main character regenerates more quickly the wolverine, LOL), but it does'nt get in the way of all the fun that can be had. Hav'nt played around long enough to finish it tho, so I can't realy tell kung mananawa ko sa gitna, hehe.
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)
(12-10-2009, 05:52 PM)Doom Trigger Wrote: Been playin around with the pc version of the game for a while, and I got to say I kinda like it. The game has many flaws(the main character regenerates more quickly the wolverine, LOL), but it does'nt get in the way of all the fun that can be had. Hav'nt played around long enough to finish it tho, so I can't realy tell kung mananawa ko sa gitna, hehe.

Then in that light, this is kinda like Prototype. Which was a pretty good game, but not enough for me to spend 2K+ on it. Sorry Pandemic (and RIP too), but I'll pass.
Now that you mentioned it, I kinda feel that this game feels similar to prototype but with more interesting characters and story. Good but not worth 2k+, just play it on pc if you can.
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)