Current time: 03-29-2024, 07:57 PM
Earthquakes
The tectonic plates in the Pacific region sure have been active recently. There was that earthquake in Samoa a couple of weeks ago, then now this.

Quote:Intensity 5.3 quake hits Occ. Mindoro, no tsunami alert

MANILA - A 5.3 magnitude earthquake shook parts of Mamburao, Occidental Mindoro Monday morning and was felt as far as Metro Manila.

A Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology report said the tectonic quake struck at 7:50 a.m. It was felt at Intensity IV in Looc, Lubang; Intensity III in Batangas City; Iba, Zambales and Clark, Pampanga; and Intensity II in Talisay, Batangas, Calamba, Laguna, Makati, Manila, Pasay, Pasig. Muntinlupa, Mandaluyong and Cavite.

Phivolcs Director Renato Solidum said the agency will not be issuing a tsunami alert.

"The magnitude of the quake was only 5.3. Typically for a tsunami to be generated by an earthquake, it should have a magnitude of 6.5 and the depth should be shallow enough -- less than 50 kilometers. The magnitudeof this earthquake was not that strong and the depth of the earthquake was deep at 121 km so this cannot trigger any tsunami," Solidum said in an ANC interview.

He said the agency does not expect the earthquake to cause any damage but warned that aftershocks may occur.

Plus, I'm sure some of you have heard what people have been saying that there's a big one coming to the Marikina fault line area. They say it's going to be around 7.1 or something. I know predictions about earthquakes are spotty at best, but it's good to at least be ready.
Sending out good vibes!
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
Don't forget Indonesia
Makes me worried about the people working in them tall buildings.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I felt this early morning kahapon. Akala ko ako lang yung gumagalaw involuntarily.

Patagilid yung shake nung earthquake eh. IIRC the vertical shaking earthquake is the most destructive kind.

Geez. More to prepare for.
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnew...-Indonesia

Craaaazy. 7.3 magnitude quake near Indonesia.
Soemthing's behind this...
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/abs/20100325/tp...c5a6c.html

Yep, definitely felt that one.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Holy Crap - we felt that one too Ermm
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Are we gonna die?
Me too. I still have a little vertigo (things are in motion while one is stationary), so I thought it was just a normal occurence LOL
Hooooooooly Crap. Didn't feel that one. I was busy playing I guess. Yeesh, the world might really end soon... But I hope not.
[Image: USGS-Update.png]

From another board.
>_< didn't feel that one XP but some of the people around me said they felt it XD

Am I that insensitive XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

i felt that one but i just ignore it...and i didn't even mention it to my mom...it's normal for me, i guess