Current time: 04-25-2024, 08:35 AM
Why We Love AC
After sorta bashing AC with my last article, I thought that it was just proper to balance things out.

Let's discuss why we all still love AC despite everything that's wrong with it. Let me start with some points.

- Hardly anything like it.
- Level of customization is immense
- The robots look great (Shoji Kawamori. What did you expect?)
- No other console mech simulation makes you really feel like you're behind the controls of a giant robot. Not ZOE, not the Gundam games, nor the Macross games.
- PvP gameplay is very deep, tactical, and intense.
- etc.

I'll add some more later. Anyway, help me out here. Give me your opinions on why you love AC.
why do I really Love Armored Core? bwahahaha Domo

-gameplay is very unique

-the mechs (I don't want to call ACs as robots) are very unique, has the "feel" of real technology (I find other mechas out there as "toy" looking) Jason ...from the frame...to the weapons

-insane controls (that's what i want, unlike others...Vomit ) very coordinated with your AC...and yes, the simulation, very deep mech simulation Domo

-the battle is very intense Chair Flamethrower from P vs AI, to PvP...epic missions Ninja

-AC designing is fun Clapping its not just about aesthetics, but with a mix of the deepness of stat correlating with each other We're not worthy .customizations...god-like.

-I really like the idea of the AC era...where we, humans are responsible for destroying our planet Earth...which lead to Great Destruction (can you guys sense that this could really happen? hahahaha! Laser )

Armored Core Wub In My Heart

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
AC ang kadalasang dahilan kung bakit walang nagtatagal sa akin. Ganyan ko kamahal ang Eysi.
It's not just customization, it's personalization, that aspect that makes it really feel like you're in the game. You literally work to earn each part that you use, thus emparting a piece of yourself to each AC that you build. The ACs themselves have a better sense of realism in their designs (parts-wise) that aren't seen in any other game or series (FM is the only one that compares to it), as opposed to the pretty-boy designs of most mecha series out there.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Indeed,the personalization is something to be addicted on. Makes you part of the AC world itself. I don't usually play games and stuff,but this thing really got me craving for more. I could play a single AC game for more than 2 years or so and i couldn't get enough of it, unlike when i play RPGs which only lasted for 3 days or so. The AC you create distinguishes you from other players,it's simply yours and no one else'.
(09-27-2009, 01:07 PM)Fox Wrote: It's not just customization, it's personalization, that aspect that makes it really feel like you're in the game. You literally work to earn each part that you use, thus emparting a piece of yourself to each AC that you build. The ACs themselves have a better sense of realism in their designs (parts-wise) that aren't seen in any other game or series (FM is the only one that compares to it), as opposed to the pretty-boy designs of most mecha series out there.

yes sir Fox...ACs that have been made reflects its pilot...bwahahaha! Domo

and personalizations of the mechs made in Armored Core are not just placing those cheap decals or paints. you can actually "feel" if your AC doesn't "synchronize" with you Jason ...just like in initial D "in a race, you and your car should be one" Ninja (then plays Gran Turismo 4 drifting the Hachi Roku 212hp)

*giggles*

=^.^=

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
Realistic mecha (Kojima Core isn't included) with reasonable technology and customization. Choosing from a variety of AC parts and weapons, you can pretty much tell how your opponent is going to act in battle. It seems to be more of a mind-game between you and your opponent's custom mecha. Also, I enjoy ground-based tactics and warfare more than any atmospheric combat. One of the reasons why I didn't like ZOE and Kojima Core as much as Armored Core.

Closest game I've ever played with the same in-depth customization was Afraid Gear, but the gameplay is nowhere similar to AC.
mechs from AC1 up to Last Raven... yes, realistic...frames, weapons, technology...it can happen We're not worthy

AC4 to fA... i've noticed that majority of the frames are very...thin? or inappropriate structures? Shock with an exemption to GA frames & others... but in my opinion... AC's in PS3 are kinda sort of... much more of aesthetic designs and unrealistic insane agile speed. Glare imagine how much G's will you have to endure, from all directions if you would pilot those "kojima cores"...

but I admit... I really like White Glint ACfA ver. (beautiful overboost) Jason & Noblesse Oblige design (like the design concept)

=^.^=

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
It lets me play out my mech piloting fantasies.

It is very technical and complex without sacrificing game speed (Mech Warrior gameplay is too slow for me, ZOE lacks complexity and customization).
[Image: Method.gif][Image: oblivionef3.gif]
Yeah, there's just a certain allure to AC that, no matter how it pisses us off, we still keep coming back for more.

The level of customization, from the frame, weapons and colors (though balance is a bit off), is so great that every AC that you produce really feels like your very own giant mech.

As far as player versus player is concerned, the intensity is just perfect. The tension of a competitive match lasts much longer than in a fighting game but not quite as long as in an RTS game.

But the feeling of control from playing the game is simply unlike anything I've ever played. Other games just make you feel like you're acting out as some guy or some thing. But AC, god, AC is just so gritty that it feels like you're behind an actual mech. I guess a lot of that has to do with how AC is the only game I know to actally utilize every button on a dual shock like it does.

AC is the only game that I keep coming back to no matter what. StarCraft comes sorta close. But AC is definitely unparalleled. If I could only have one game while stranded in a desert, I'll definitely choose AC.

So much more to say, but that's it for now.
I love AC because it's very unique. Most people find me wierd here because it's the only one of the very few games I play.
They find it wierd because it's not known to them. So screw them.

Everybody's said everything already. Nothing else left for me to say.
'Signatures are overrated.'
(09-28-2009, 01:46 AM)NiX Wrote: If I could only have one game while stranded in a desert, I'll definitely choose AC.

Amen to that, brother. Couldn't have put it any better myself. Although it's gonna be a tough choice between SL and LR.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
For me, I prefer LR. The back cannon system in NX to LR simply feels so much better than that used in SL.
Most of what I like about AC has been mentioned by the others. The customization, the 'realistic' feel of mecha movement, the numbers that assault our eyes everytime we build a mech. I also feel that need to 'synchronize' with the AC I'm using in order to complete the mission. I also appreciate the amount of minute details that appear in the games. Not just the stats and graphics. The feel of the AC when you're missing an arm, or overweight, and the voices of the AI computer. I'm starting to miss that metallic voice that no longer appears in Kojima Core or whatever nickname it's been given XD
Like:
Sim-like controls

Not Like:
Arcadey style gameplay