Current time: 05-06-2024, 11:08 PM
Front Mission Evolved
me Wrote:THIS GAME MAKES ALL THE ARMORED CORE GAMES LOOK SO HIDEOUS!

jk haha
Oh my, what a fine pair of cannons she has...
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I think I saw someone weilding the vampire arms there

and someone got some nice racks there ... reminds me of mazinger z LOL
man I want XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Now now, I think AC4 and fA are on par with this... of course can't say much about the backgrounds of those...

I WANT FRONT MISSION XD

It honestly doesn't look bad, based on this.

Ok, let's say that single player sucks. But what about multiplayer?

And how exactly are parts unlocked?

edit: There are randomly activated battle skills? Sad and multiplayer is mostly for team play rather than 1 on 1? Sad I am disappoint.
You only get half the parts from single player mode, and you lose the EDGE system in multiplayer.

Anyway, I already scrapped my copy. This game got way too much on my nerves.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Yeah, but what exactly made it annoying? Imbalances? Bad UI and controls?

I just wanna know cuz if we can tolerate Armored Core, I thought we'd be the demographic that could tolerate this.

If it's even half-decent, I'll pick it up for the PC.

Note that I'm only really interested in competitive multiplayer. I don't care if the story sucks or I can't make my mech look like a Gandam or whatever. As long as there's a relatively balanced selection of parts and true skill is rewarded.

edit: OK, so I read that weapons are extremely tiered. Means that people who've put more hours in get stronger weapons. That's not cool.

I've read someone mentioned that the game just felt like an average 3rd person shooter and it is lacking a lot of sim-like aspects that you'd find in a lot of mech games.
Multiplayer shit sux according to people who played it seriously. Very imba. Game neeeds sooo many changes. Sticking to my ARRRRR matey copy for now.
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
Judging from the video, it looks similar to how Exteel is played. It also seems in need of being played reactively in order play in a competitive scale. I've been also playing FPS's with that mouse accel feature turned on, so I probably wouldn't have much problems with it.

I might give it a chance, but I'll prolly just go rent it.

PS:

Yeah, I'll be a sacrificial goat for you people because I'm still going to spend money in the end. Then again I'm also getting the PC version now, which I hope will work (but then again, multiplayer is what we're rooting for, aren't we?).
I really wanna give the multiplayer a chance. That's why I've been reading around. Anyway, I came across this thread on the Steam forums. It's basically a competitive player's take on the game. Exactly what I've been looking for. Check it out.

A lot of the QQ honestly sounds just like those from folks struggling with AC.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/sh...&t=1463821
New vid.

I don't know how good and how high-ranked this guy is. But at the very least, he's demonstrated to me that a variety of builds are viable.

I am honestly intrigued.
its like armored core

single player sucks

multiplayer rocks
According to some long rant in gamefaqs, which was posted in steam forums. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960448-fr...d/56572864

Balance issues:
Sniper rifles 2 hit = death
Missiles = no heat cooldown but rockets do
Health Regen spamming thanks to the backpack = lots of camping missile + sniper combo
Multiplayer lobby fucks up
Match making sucks.

errr... hopefully ac5 would be better, which i think it will be. =D
for now, arrrrrrrr matey!
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]

Sniping action.
Some guy on Steamforum posted his thoughts on AC when it was compared to FME.

"Unfortunately the fast pace is somewhat spoiled by the console controls and less-than-precise aiming. The game does too much work for you, imo."

LOL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Front Mission Timeline Thread Mjting 6 15,949 10-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Last Post: NiX
  Front Mission Goat 75 82,637 06-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Front Mission 5 azuma-blade 0 3,380 03-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Last Post: azuma-blade
  I wanna play front mission 2 wanzerfreak 13 16,546 11-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Last Post: wanzerfreak
  Panzer Front BIS Goat 5 7,461 05-23-2007, 12:45 PM