Current time: 03-29-2024, 07:14 PM
Vista just sucks so bad
Hey guys, as you might have predicted I'm running on a Windows Vista.

I mean, I've been satisfied with its performance so far since it runs all my applications smoothly.

Then I tried playing DMC4 on it.
Wtf
Then I tried playing Assassin's Creed on it.
Facepalm
So effing annoying.

It handled Dead Space just fine but it can't handle these other games for some reason. It just doesn't run DX9/10 stably.

I DON'T GET IT. FYI my vidcard is a Inno3D Geforce 9800 GT. It's effing strong enough.

Anyway, enough about that. I need some help. Is there any way I can fix this without completely switching over Windows XP again? It's just that I have a lot of applications that run just fine on this machine but if I wanna leave out gaming I might as well buy a mac. DX
It sucks, hands down.

You might want to try the 'Run as Admin' thing, since it's usually the first thing Vista users come across.

Or maybe you're running on a 64-bit OS, which could have some compatibility issues.

Lastly, you could try updating DX10. Other than these, I don't know what else to do. XP!
Well, I AM using DX10. Blargh. According to the system it's the hardware that's crashing..

GeForce 9800 series crashing on assassin's creed? Who the hell are you kidding??? Oh well, might as well prepare for an exodus. Archiving installers and other important stuff, like prawn.
Incompatiblility issues, I tell you. What, kami pa ang sasabay sa working specs ng Vista? Hah, sineswerte!

Anyway, I was once able to play Assassin's Creed using a 9800GT card at an internet cafe somewhere. They're using XP.

Vista. Psh.
Vista was already proven to be a failure. Even Microsoft says it. XP is still the best in terms of performance, reliability and customization. You COULD try out Windows 7 though. I'm using Windows 7 right now and I am SO loving it. It starts up and down like a charm, 3x faster than Vista's. I didn't even have to install any additional drivers on my computer! And oh, did I mention the Superbar is just awesome? I'll be sad when my copy of 7 finally expires/starts to expire (starts on March 2010, fully expires on June 2010), but as of now, I'll be living it up with this OS~
[All systems online. Kojima output normal. Synchronizing AMS Compatibility... Done. Engaging Primal Armor... Done. All systems green. Firing main boosters.]
"Blackwing, let's fly!!"
Where did you get your copy of 7?
He's talking about the Windows 7 beta which has been available for public testing for several months already.
Have you tried it yet? Can it be DLed online? Tongue
I'm not interested in trying it. But yes, it's been available for the past couple of months already. You can probably still find it on torrents (and yes, MS doesn't mind. Helps keep load off their servers). Not really sure if the testing period is already over though.
I think the testing period ends in June 1, 2010 or something. Best to downgrade to XP, and then wait it out.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue The Redfox sucks thread wanzerfreak 33 45,540 10-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Shintetsu