Current time: 04-16-2024, 03:47 PM
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
(09-06-2009, 03:46 PM)Aruren Wrote: Certain properties can change during EX Mode. But these differences are hardly felt. imo It's just better to use EX as a defensive burst against an enemy.

Just to add, the player can see the EX mode changes in the character customization menu. All characters have different effects when in EX mode. For example, Terra has dual cast, Zidane can jump 10000 times (exag.), Cloud can break any guard, etc.

Gabranth is the shiz in EX mode.
no no what I mean is can the ex mode attack be changed? as in can you change Terra's Riot Blade attack with something else or wat not.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

afaik no.
oh well anyway tried cloud out ... probably the most straight forward character I've tried so far XD

Cloud is indeed pretty straightforward, I think Squall is pretty ghey.

I noticed that all of Squall's attacks are quick recovery, high priority and usually even has a gaurd during his attack, not to mention they travel pretty fast. Only bad thing about his attacks is that the ones with movements have slow start-ups. But if that's the case all you have to do is wait out until the opponent decides to take the offensive.
its irritating when you fight him in the higher levels he can trap you in a corner then pokes you to death and when he spams rough divide Chair

jecht on the other hand I think is a more probable options his combos are nasty well at least thats how I see it as I've only fought against him

the emperor seems to be like the shatterstorm of melee users but totally worthless with ranged

and lastly what do you guys think about exdeath? I still can't figure out how to use him XD

(09-08-2009, 01:13 AM)clonezero Wrote: and lastly what do you guys think about exdeath? I still can't figure out how to use him XD

exdeath is an awesome turtler/tank, which no one wants to fight or use because he's boring as hell
How does this game work? Is it like a fighting game with rpg elements using final fantasy characters?
its like Dynasty Warriors strike force or a nerfed Devil May Cry /God of War

I have to (strongly) disagree with what CZ said. He just started, after all. I like DW and GoW a lot, and they're very different.

Quote from here.
(08-31-2009, 07:33 AM)Sforza Wrote: Dissidia is the shiz. Playing it now LOL

Even the MH guys that don't really like fighting games are playing it.

The interesting thing is the number of rewards you get from the game by playing it, and the number of customizable options that are available to tweak each character.

Think Armored Core; where you can tune each unit to your liking by removing some weapons to make it faster, or to add armor, or extensions -- Dissidia is like that, but with less weaponry.

If any of you are planning to pick it up, odds are you'll probably choose one or two characters and stick to them for good, because it takes a lot of time to properly get used to the nuances of your character.

After playing for quite some time, I wanted to add that unlike Armored Core, knowing your frame rates and follow up combos make a huge difference. There are also specialized characters that are very powerful when used properly, like Golbez (very SAFE + ground control game) or Exdeath.
sorry that's just what came to mind XD

did forget about eh extensive customization capability as that parts makes me dizzy and frustrated specially when trying to battlegen items. Chair

I put a hundred or two hours into the Japanese version, now I'm plowing through the English version. Using Zidane for my main again, though I'm also working on Cloud of Darkness this time. She's a little spammy, has long range and many area attacks, but is a bit slow. She also only gets one air and one ground BRV attack. They both have three ways they can go, depending on your timing. Interesting character to play, but you end up using the same three or four attacks over and over.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy VII Remake Mjting 7 8,822 06-24-2015, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Final Fantasy Versus XIII atdsutm 9 13,434 08-02-2012, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Zefyr
  Final Fantasy 13-2 RoninFang 0 2,512 04-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Last Post: RoninFang
  Final Fantasy XIII Sforza 32 38,462 06-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Zefyr
  Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy Fox 13 15,187 04-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Last Post: RoninFang