Current time: 03-29-2024, 05:54 PM
Brat Academy
on Discovery Channel D:
Brat Academy is a documentary on so-called "Walk Schools" in China, which intend to straighten up spoiled children and change them for the better.

I watched it as it was aired today (Saturday), 7-8pm. It's probably a replay, but this certainly piqued my interest.

Spoiled children are increasing in number at China, mainly because of their one child per family law. Since there are no other children to tend to, parents often exert too much force on their only children, in an attempt to get them going in life. This often backfires, making the children very spoiled in the process.

Some children are even tricked into attending these schools, as this is considered as the parents' last chance to be able to change their erratic relationships with their children for the better.

After watching this, I feel like I can agree with the Headmaster's ideals. I'm even thinking about how my life can change if I underwent something like that. It's very extreme in the eyes of people from other countries, but extreme cases call for extreme measures.

Tough love. Serious tough love. I recommend watching this if you haven't seen it yet.

http://reallyreel.blogspot.com/2008/02/b...ademy.html - Short blog post about the Documentary.

http://www.offthefence.com/content/progr...tegories=4 - A site that might have the Documentary in its database, but it requires you to log in to watch it. I haven't tried this yet though.
I watched that and yeah I generally agree with the premise but I also have my own contentions about it... given the choice of having myself or someone I know interred there then sure XP
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Watched this one too. A lot of the kids I saw really did deserve to be thrown into a place like that. Heck, I know some people that deserve to get sent there too. LOL
Even if they did or did not deserve to be sent to said place, I think attending that school can be mandatory.

I would if I could, I guess it's a life changing process.