Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:47 PM
Evo2k9 Taken by...
Well, in case you guys love SF4 and wanna find out who's regarded as the world champion.

Here's the LAST match between Daigo and Justin Wong. They had to fight 5 sets to settle it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWV9DhT6w...age&fmt=18

NiX Edit: Took out the winner in case someone screams, "spoiler!".
Rufus was a bad choice *bold move*....personally since i'm sure Justin can use every character in the game....he should have chosen Bison or BIKE MONEY!?!?~!~!!@!@!@
the light shoryuken and hado pressure killed him =/

edit: oops...i thought the vid you posted was the same one i watched...which i thought was evo and that match had 5 rounds.

guess i was wrong....BIKE MONEY!!!!!!!
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
That was a bit boring for a final match. But yeah it's pretty much safe pokes in SF Evo matches anyway, especially for important matches like the championship fight, so it's all good. So...

congrats to Daigo. Smile

Truth be told though, I think most of his very exciting moments happen in warm-ups and outside of the championship point/defining match, where there's leeway to lose. When the game is on the line, more often than not he begins to play very safe and calculated. And why not, winning is winning. Just making an observation about how his style changes, speaking on terms of swagger and general attitude.
It must suck to be Justin Wong. He got beaten twice by the same guy in Evo, and lost to him too in the GameStop tournament earlier this year.
I'm sure it doesn't feel that bad. LOL LOL LOL
(07-21-2009, 12:25 AM)NiX Wrote: I'm sure it doesn't feel that bad. LOL LOL LOL

I just remembered, he was also the Chun-Li that got immortalized in the Ryu (oops, Ken!) complete super attack parry vid from evo2k4 (?) Ninja

*cough* NiX might be able to relate a tiny little bit. *coughs*
Wait, wasn't that Ken?
it was
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
Actually while I was watching this stuff I learned that each character has more or less a 3~5 step "flow chart" to follow. Which kinda got me disappointed. I'm totally used to games like KoF and GG where you can get pretty creative with your tactics.

iirc, Justin Wong just walked away right after the match. No handshakes or anything.
While it's true that GG allows a bit more freedom, I do believe that the mind games in SF are far more intense. That's why it looked the way it did in the vids. Flowcharts can be applied to a lot of competitive games. I can probably even make flowcharts for some AC designs.

Aww, Justin's a sore loser. Take it like a man.