Current time: 04-20-2024, 01:09 AM
Poll: Partnering System
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Predetermined
0%
0 0%
Randomized
38.10%
8 38.10%
Randomized w/ Tiering System
57.14%
12 57.14%
Predetermined w/ Tiering System
4.76%
1 4.76%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

2-on-2 Partnering System
for PACT 5 and beyond
Ano ba gagamitin natin, yung sinabi kong di pwede maging magkateam ang lahat ng naka top-3, o yang suggestion ni Jobs? Mix lang naman nabago, I think eh. San mo nga pala nakuha yung ratings na ginawa mo? Diba incomplete yung win-loss ratio para sa lahat ng dating PACT.

Sa lahat ng sasali, dapat maghanda na kayo ng maraming potential AC. Konting tweak nalang dapat on tourney day.
I think we should stick to what's been voted for already, to make things clear.

(07-05-2009, 02:25 AM)NiX Wrote: 3. Randomized TIERED team-ups - Same as option 2 except that the 1st/2nd/3rd-placers from all previous PACT tournaments cannot end up as teammates.

All previous placers:
Lord_Leperman (PACT 1,2,3)
NiX (PACT 1,2,3)
Twin-Skies (PACT 1)
Maitreya (PACT 2)
Sforza (PACT 3,4*)
Ethermaster (PACT 4)
Moonlight_Raven (PACT4)
*atdsutm (PACT 4)

I think this is fair as we can get with "random" teams. And given that this is the favored choice as seen through the poll, I think we should stop talking about which system to use already. Tongue
Si Andrew di kasi ako sure kung nag place ba talaga siya o hindi.

Andrew, ano gusto mo? Tongue

EDIT - Sabi niya gusto niya nasa tier 1 siya. No problem with me. Big grin

EDIT 2 -

MAAAAAJOR problem with what I proposed.

If the guys below cannot be team mates,

Lord_Leperman (PACT 1,2,3)
NiX (PACT 1,2,3)
Twin-Skies (PACT 1)
Maitreya (PACT 2)
Sforza (PACT 3,4*)
Ethermaster (PACT 4)
Moonlight_Raven (PACT4)
*atdsutm (PACT 4)

that means that we will need another 8 people to choose as partners. That means that the number of participants attending, assuming all eight of the people above also attend, must be 16. >_<

I guess if it happens that there are more top-3 placers in attendance as compared to non-top-3 people, we'll have to do something else. Like maybe only the top-2 placers can't partner or something like that.

Sorry medyo malabo ata. lol.
easy all top tier players players must fight in 1 man teams because their too awesome Jason Chair

but on a more realistic note if more than 16 people (assuming all 8 tiered people come) then the people not paired with a tiered person can just be considered as wild cards. Im rather sure (and hopeful) that these tierless teams wont complain XD besides its a new format for us this may add to the thrill and who knows maybe its a wild card teams bags the tourney

yet having said all that I think we should have a limit to the maximum number of teams playing in the tourney taking in to consideration time. we are only able to go 1 - 2(hopefully) matches at a time.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

If it's virtually impossible, well, given that the date is near, we should go for random. Spontaneous, as Fox put it.

Besides, there's time to do strategy and tweaks before the matches. Random doesn't really drop strategy down the drain if that's the case.
Yun nga. Sige kung mas marami yung top-3 placers na sumali kaysa sa regular participants, definitely full random nalang. Pero ganun pa din, 1-hour (or more) prep time, etc etc.
(07-15-2009, 03:36 PM)NiX Wrote: Ano ba gagamitin natin, yung sinabi kong di pwede maging magkateam ang lahat ng naka top-3, o yang suggestion ni Jobs? Mix lang naman nabago, I think eh. San mo nga pala nakuha yung ratings na ginawa mo? Diba incomplete yung win-loss ratio para sa lahat ng dating PACT.

Sa lahat ng sasali, dapat maghanda na kayo ng maraming potential AC. Konting tweak nalang dapat on tourney day.

I checked all the recorded wins. Wins lang ha. Si TS ang may lowest wins sa PACTs kasi di sya masyadong nakaka-attend.

I still go for tiered randomized pick/draw lots.
Wala tatalo sa balanse nito IMO.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Yeah pinaka balanced nga yun. Problema lang yung pool ng pwedeng maging teammate haha. So kung maging uneven nga yung distribution, we'll have to go full random.
hmm yeah I think tiered is better when we have experience playing 2 vs 2 unang take natin to eh and less hassle Im rather sure people wont be complaining much about who their paired with let's just have fun

and as an incentive to the early losers they get early dibs on the burgers XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

whatever raffy Tongue joke.
(07-17-2009, 11:07 AM)clonezero Wrote: hmm yeah I think tiered is better when we have experience playing 2 vs 2 unang take natin to eh and less hassle Im rather sure people wont be complaining much about who their paired with let's just have fun

and as an incentive to the early losers they get early dibs on the burgers XD

That sound like a test run and not a PACT...

Nix, If we go full random, It'll tilt even more. No to full random. Hell no.

Even sophie disagrees.
Sophie 'NO TO FULL RANDOM!!! nyuu-'
'Signatures are overrated.'