Current time: 05-02-2024, 05:31 PM
An RR Commonality
Motivation for this = Bored and I just did salvia.

Anyway, I made a matrix of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicators for RR members, the results coming from the Personality Tests thread. I realize that the informal nature of the quiz might skew data a bit, but the results were corroborated by the other quizzes that a few of you took such as the career suggestion quiz. That one just lifted profiles from MBTI tests, so it produced similar results.

Goat INTP
Cabs INFJ
Shin INFP

CZ ESFP
Sern INTJ
HayW ISTP

BD ISTJ
Azu INFJ
Pink ISFJ

Grim INFJ
Sfor INTP
AE81 INTP

(Type the acronym in wikipedia for more details)
Note: I would have liked prominent members like Leper and Nix to provide results but nevermind.

I've always found group dynamics interesting, so I thought of doing an analysis of RR. I'm sure this data can be used in a lot of ways. Didn't include myself in the results to prevent research bias. I'll get back to this sometime, but from what I can tell:

- RR is heavily skewed towards introverted behavior, which might explain the infrequent (monthly) meetings. However, introverted people actually become outgoing towards people with similar interests.

- RR is also biased towards looking at things from a wider perspective and not in detail. Among frequent posters, only CZ and HW are the major deviants. CZ is also a clear outsider in terms of the data.

I'll post more if I think of any other details. Disappointed that I couldn't have a larger sample size though. Sophie
Oh, I've also been trying to figure out if there's a typical gamer archetype for top tier players in fighting games.

So far it seems that the ones with "N" as a second letter seem to do better because they tend to be more creative.

I'm not sure if the "I" or introverted nature would be better or worse, since I's tend to intellectualize more and are thus better prepared, but freeze up in tournaments because of nervousness.

That will be all for today.
Edit 2: THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. MBTI is criticized in psychological studies as inaccurate and is normally used as supporting data only. LOL
This is cool! A social experiment within our midst! LOL

Poetic justice be upon you all!
Forgot to add two more things! Before I forget:

- You guys will not do well in a business if you do not recruit more varied personalities. It's like you've got a technially competent back office but not front line, (i.e. someone to do customer service, sales, and the like)

- the azu in the above list is azuriel, not that strange azuma blade person
Oh. iirc I'm an ENTJ. o: Goat considers me a high tier Guilty Gear Player too o:
What a strange post. Wonder if Rick and Nix can reply too LOL

I googled and found one I think!
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
aaw Im a deviant Chair lol oh well XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

(06-30-2009, 09:17 PM)clonezero Wrote: aaw Im a deviant Chair lol oh well XD

Lol LOL
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
After Salvia eh? I'm fascinated with group dynamics on the consciousness level, i'm curious on how people perceive their reality tunnels as opposed to mine. Although it's a huge speculation on my part, i still would like to take a peak on how people throw their dice of perception in the game of life however i just keep my observations to myself.

I feel like posting this link. Perceptions are gambles:
Robert Anton Wilson: Real Reality > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO7tGOr2NU0
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
Being a psych major, I've taken the actual Myers-Briggs quite a few times.

IIRC, I'm an ISTP or ISTJ depending on when I took the test. LOL I do know for a fact that I'm a black hole of introversion though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Brigg..._Indicator --> same link says that the majority of Americans are ISTJs and ISFJs.
It says the highest percentage belongs to ISFJ, followed by ESFJ.

Though if we were to speak in terms of percentage, there are a few really strange things about RR's sample.

INFJ accounts for only 1.5% of the pop. yet there seems to be 3/13.
INTP accounts for 3.3% of the pop. yet RR has another 3/13

There's also a bias towards IN's in general.
What does this mean?

The forum has a lot of people whom society would probably consider strange.
In case anyone's wondering, the last time I took the test I was ENTJ Sophie

Remember that this is just for fun! LOL Yes, I find tweaking useless sets of data fun.
I'm primarily Istj or intj....lol
I got an INFJ using the link gave by Sforza. I might retry using other tests to get a consistent result. Tongue
I took the test on Sforza's link and got an INTJ type.

It's kinda funny that T and F have a 1% difference only haha.
LOL

Looks like RR = endangered species for personalities, based on that test.

Apple seems to like the new Sophie emoticon.
sophie emoticon!! Sophie

aand.. I don't want to know what I got.. XD

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]