Current time: 03-29-2024, 02:00 PM
Formula 1
GJ Mosley/Ecclestone, you idiots.

Quote:Formula One has been thrown into chaos after the Formula One Teams Association (Fota) carried out its threat to set up a rival championship in 2010.

Eight of F1's major teams have been frustrated by deadlocked talks with world motorsport boss Max Mosley over his controversial budget cap proposals.

Fota added that its championship would put F1 fans first and boast the best drivers and sponsors.

"This series will have transparent governance, one set of regulations, encourage more entrants and listen to the wishes of the fans, including offering lower prices for spectators worldwide, partners and other important stakeholders," added the statement.

"The major drivers, stars, brands, sponsors, promoters and companies historically associated with the highest level of motorsport will all feature in this new series."

Teams Leaving: Brawn GP, Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, Toyota, BMW Sauber, Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso

Teams Staying: Williams and Force India
I've been constantly keeping up with this for the past few months now good thing you made this thread jakeSalute. all I can say is that the FIa should have booted max mosley the moment his scandal went out. I mean why still listen to an old dude who was a fetish for dominatricesChairJasonNinja? now the fia has bullshit teams left with them that no one, and I say NO ONE(as an avid f1 fan myself) will even try to mention, let alone watch. Vomit Vomit

all i can say is that im looking forward to the rival series that will feature the latest technological advances in motor racing, better rules(today's f1 rules have been changing for the past 5 years) less penalties and MORE RACING.Jason Jason Jason

the whole point in f1 as a whole is that only the teams that can spend the big $$$ can participate and perform well. I dont give a shit if the other teams have small budgets and all, after all, this is f1 we're talking abt. if they want a budget cap thats 45 million pounds or euros, just join a gp2 or a junior leagueNo no.
mosley's 45 million budget cap is stupid Tongue and WHICH even michael schumacher, fernando alonso, and a myriad of legendary drivers bashed and labelled as impossible and ridiculous given the nature of the sport.

yey! new series!Rock onClappingWe're not worthyDomo

also, the fruits of max mosley's idiocy and ecclestone's greed have finally PAIDED THEM BACK!!!1 BIKE MONEY!!!1 GG MOSLEY!
OK the post above has too many smilies, it distracted me a bit from the reading lol. On topic, because I don't follow F1 racing religiously, this comes as a total surprise.

The teams leaving look like all the big names.
yep, and the ones worth watching really. these teams definitely give the fans what they PAIDED for. Tongue
First thing I noticed--
Quote:Formula One Teams Association (Fota)

I lol'd. Mosley must be using that word now LOL

Isn't it as simple as switching teams?
Well. They're all big names really.

But yeah, F1's been known to be a rich bastard's sport; If the budget cap would ever happen it should be like a side-league or something. How can we know how fast the F1s can really go if we chain 'em down with that kind of regulation? Wth.
The new "management" sounds good.

F1 has gotten pretty stale indeed.
yep, it's back to the good ol' f1. Actually, if you checked out the cars this year and the regulations that made them how they look like now(really plain looking and retarded). these are the results of the retarded rules that the clown max has been putting up.
Oops. Posted this thing early in the morning when I got up, just noticed that I did not link to the actual source article (BBC)
Update: a few days ago,FIA and FOTA got into an agreement that the budget cap be scrapped, and they are to cut costs slowly over the course of a few years, ALSO with the condition that mosley not seek re election this OCtober....all's going well till....

Mosley NOW demands an apology from the leader of FOTA, and says that the peace agreement might be still in jeopardy if the apology is not performed......wow just wow....he's slowly digging his own grave here...
Things are heating up again Tongue

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08072009/5...storm.html
This is getting really stupid LOL

They're like er. 5 year olds.
(07-09-2009, 11:00 AM)Sforza Wrote: This is getting really stupid LOL

They're like er. 5 year olds.

Maybe that's their mental age. Can't buy maturity. LOL
senile.....
related: Michael Schumacher is making a comeback to replace injured Felipe Massa.

HELL YEAH

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29072009/5...ng-f1.html