Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:25 PM
Armored Core Figures/Model Kits
(02-20-2018, 07:15 PM)Fox Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 05:29 PM)Mjting Wrote: Nalipat na pala Wasabi dun. And wala na greattoys dun sa big store nila along Anapolis?

Wasabi Toys relocated to Virra Mall late last year, along with Greattoys. Wasabi's on the 2nd floor just a little behind Toy Kingdom while Greattoys is on the 3rd floor near CD-R King and STC.

The Annapolis branch is gone. Balita ko eh downsizing daw sila ng mga branches.

Ohh.... Alright alright.
And after several years, I managed to finish another AC kit. First time to do one that's fully airbrushed too.

[Image: 46651384734_194a049b31_o.jpg]

That was a pretty long hiatus for ACs. If i remember correctly, the last time i even built and painted one was way back in 2012. Glare
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Naks naman, grabe ang pagka level-up ng modeling mo We're not worthy. Maganda din ang pagka timpla ng base color netong AC.
(06-17-2019, 10:59 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: Naks naman, grabe ang pagka level-up ng modeling mo We're not worthy. Maganda din ang pagka timpla ng base color netong AC.

Thanks. Becoming friends with a group of local modellers with varying experience levels will kinda force you to improve. Nakakatulong yung meron ka madalas kausap sa kada step ng mga build mo eh. Mabilis na makakuha ng feedback at comments.

This AC was actually entered in an online contest a few months ago. Still a long long road to trek. Mine is at the 19:46 mark. Big grin

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(06-27-2019, 08:28 PM)Fox Wrote: Thanks. Becoming friends with a group of local modellers with varying experience levels will kinda force you to improve. Nakakatulong yung meron ka madalas kausap sa kada step ng mga build mo eh. Mabilis na makakuha ng feedback at comments.

This AC was actually entered in an online contest a few months ago. Still a long long road to trek. Mine is at the 19:46 mark. Big grin

Wow buti pa dyan. We also have a modeling community here pero di ko nagustuhan ang ugali nila sa FB. Lots of helpful people pero madaming infighting at minsan double standards. Left the FB group and stopped attending the group meets too.

I'm surprised at the amount of AC entries in that contest too!
(07-13-2019, 08:26 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: Wow buti pa dyan. We also have a modeling community here pero di ko nagustuhan ang ugali nila sa FB. Lots of helpful people pero madaming infighting at minsan double standards. Left the FB group and stopped attending the group meets too.

I'm surprised at the amount of AC entries in that contest too!

Just goes to prove that a lot of people worldwide still love Armored Core kits. Hahaha.
Codenamed C.L.A.M. Currently next in line after I finish the 1/144 Leo. Or perhaps finish the quad AC first before proceeding to this one.

[Image: EAztdZPUYAAAnWq.jpg]
Looking good there. Scratchbuilt head and small missiles?
Ah no those were the first batch of the 3d printed stuff I did back then. Planning to remake the head unit para mas Kawamori-accurate. Dun sa original artwork ni Kawamori mas prominent yung lens at lower jaw ng head unit.
(08-10-2019, 08:15 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: Ah no those were the first batch of the 3d printed stuff I did back then. Planning to remake the head unit para mas Kawamori-accurate. Dun sa original artwork ni Kawamori mas prominent yung lens at lower jaw ng head unit.

speaking of 3d printed stuff, have you printed joint/PC parts? there's this connector setup from the pretty armor kit that i'd really like to replicate.

[Image: Pretty-10-0022.jpg]

i dunno if the joint/PC parts can be built using plaplate, but i could prolly scratchbuild where they slot into. of course i can just learn how to make custom resin parts. the kit has a spare connector i can use for mold making Tongue
(08-13-2019, 12:17 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 08:15 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: Ah no those were the first batch of the 3d printed stuff I did back then. Planning to remake the head unit para mas Kawamori-accurate. Dun sa original artwork ni Kawamori mas prominent yung lens at lower jaw ng head unit.

speaking of 3d printed stuff, have you printed joint/PC parts? there's this connector setup from the pretty armor kit that i'd really like to replicate.

i dunno if the joint/PC parts can be built using plaplate, but i could prolly scratchbuild where they slot into. of course i can just learn how to make custom resin parts. the kit has a spare connector i can use for mold making Tongue

Never tried printing the actual joint parts. So far my only 3d printed part that interacts with the joint is the head unit. I'm not entirely familiar with the type of material they use for 3d printing these days but I think there should be good ones that can be used for joints.

But you gotta consider the cost of printing very small parts in small numbers. Sometimes you're still better off building the joint yourself.
(08-14-2019, 11:44 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 12:17 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote:

Never tried printing the actual joint parts. So far my only 3d printed part that interacts with the joint is the head unit. I'm not entirely familiar with the type of material they use for 3d printing these days but I think there should be good ones that can be used for joints.

But you gotta consider the cost of printing very small parts in small numbers. Sometimes you're still better off building the joint yourself.

okies, time to research joint building then XD
Got the chance to prime this print yesterday. I'm happy how it turned out but I also need to simplify the cad model for ease of assembly.
[Image: 48814546203_16708431e2_b.jpg]

[Image: 48814553868_74d6960cbc_b.jpg]

Trying to mimic AC Cyhyraeth from Fake illusions.

[Image: 48818500657_30f1b34e5b_h.jpg]

[Image: 48817991708_5aa6ea4169_h.jpg]
Primed prototype for Eye 3. Some engraved details often end up not showing up in the final print depending on the material and print resolution being used.

[Image: 48846430786_5ece1e4593_b.jpg]

[Image: 48846618222_824d86fcda_b.jpg]

[Image: 48850817802_374d755d23_b.jpg]
Holy crud, the SSR and EYE3 heads are beautiful. Woot

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Figures/Model Kits Doom Trigger 1,096 1,241,849 10-13-2019, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Fox
  painting questions on nineball ver model kit zinaida1988 0 4,703 12-31-2014, 02:46 AM
Last Post: zinaida1988
  Looking to possibly buy an AC model kit, looking for suggestions and advice. Sligs234 6 12,141 04-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  help: model glue Quarter Tilt 2 7,077 01-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Serene
  Advice on Kotobukiya model kits. Sligs234 10 22,964 04-02-2012, 12:11 AM
Last Post: lumiere
  LEGO Armored Core Novalis 19 35,159 10-05-2010, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Novalis
  Anime figure or model kit part 2 Fox 18 24,626 03-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Last Post: cabs