Current time: 03-29-2024, 05:46 PM
Demon's Souls
Monster Hunter + Shadow of the Colossus
Yeah, the lag seems to help back stabbing and parrying at least on my end. Got backstabbed to death earlier from amazing ranges because of that.
(07-20-2011, 02:51 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: Ooh, tried making a quality Uchigatana? Stacks ok with Str and Dex.

You might try the Hiltless/Gripless too if you can upgrade them and you plan on putting a lot of points on Dex as the damage bonus from Dex becomes S rank once it reaches +5. Buff them with Turpentine for some burning action Big grin Just pair it with a regen spell or a +5 Adjudicator shield, the damage per swing to your character is 3% every time Sad

Currently trying out a Quality Uchigatana and a Sharp Uchigatana. Will let you know the results when i have the upgrades maxed out.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(07-22-2011, 01:58 PM)Fox Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 02:51 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: Ooh, tried making a quality Uchigatana? Stacks ok with Str and Dex.

You might try the Hiltless/Gripless too if you can upgrade them and you plan on putting a lot of points on Dex as the damage bonus from Dex becomes S rank once it reaches +5. Buff them with Turpentine for some burning action Big grin Just pair it with a regen spell or a +5 Adjudicator shield, the damage per swing to your character is 3% every time Sad

Currently trying out a Quality Uchigatana and a Sharp Uchigatana. Will let you know the results when i have the upgrades maxed out.

Sharp weapons are a bitch to upgrade. The Pure Bladestone is probably the rarest drop in the game, well, that and gargoyle crossbow.

I think that a Cursed Sharp Uchigatana +5 can outdamage a Hiltless +5. If you curse the weapon without the proper magic and int requirements, the curse will provide the same damage buff but only decrease health by 1 pt/sec instead of 1% of hp/sec.

You could also spend the Pure Bladestone on a Sharp War Scythe +5. It has the same specs as a Sharp Uchigatana +5, but is used with a pole arm strategy (R1, R1, R1, R1, R1....)

I had a Slvl 126? Faith build back when I played this game. Haven't played much since the Atlas servers were taken down.
Whenever I see a world untouched by war, a world of innocence, a world of lush forests and clear rivers...I really just wan to nuke the crap out of it.
- Ghost, Starcraft II.
True, the pure bladestone can only be gotten through black skeletons in World 4, that and it has to be the black phantom version before the 3rd reaper from the start of the arch stone beside a cliff I believe, so yeah it is a pain to get.

The Hiltless seems to be a stop-gap measure till you get the pure sharp for your +5 sharp Uchigatana as it has higher base damage, and the latter seems a better option in the long run though. What's weird though is that damage calculators online still rate the Hiltless +5 higher than a Sharp Uchigatana +5 in terns if damage at 40 dex and 18 str. Both can be cursed IIRC and the 1hp/sec glitch happens with a Talisman Of Beasts ability shortage, casting the same spell with a regular catalyst or a Talisman of Beast with at least 18 mag and faith will do the 1% hp damage/ sec instead of just 1hp/sec.

The servers are still up btw Tongue Till I don't know when, maybe till before Dark Souls comes out. Till then I'm playing my heart out online and offline Tongue
(07-26-2011, 02:13 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: True, the pure bladestone can only be gotten through black skeletons in World 4, that and it has to be the black phantom version before the 3rd reaper from the start of the arch stone beside a cliff I believe, so yeah it is a pain to get.

Not when the Random Number Gods rule in your favor and has the skellies drop one during a random soul-gathering run. LOL
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
http://www.destructoid.com/atlus-keeps-f...8038.phtml

Demon's Souls servers will be kept online indefinitely.

Atlus showing EVERYONE how it's done.
(05-26-2012, 05:02 PM)NiX Wrote: http://techcrunch.com/2011/08/09/use-you...-this-app/

Use Your PS3 Controller On Your Android Phone Using This App...

lolwut
LOL shit. Wrong link in the clipboard. LOL

http://www.destructoid.com/atlus-keeps-f...8038.phtml
It'd be really funny if there was a wrong copy-pasted prawn in there. LOL
(05-26-2012, 05:02 PM)NiX Wrote: http://www.destructoid.com/atlus-keeps-f...8038.phtml

I REALLY FUCKING WISH that they have published ACV. The amount of love they have to the community is immeasurable.
Atlus and Arksys know their shit. not like the money grubbing organizations namco and capcom have become(when only trying to cover japanese companies)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark Souls (aka Project Dark) Twin-Skies 259 350,563 09-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  Dark Souls 3 Lord_Leperman 4 7,311 08-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Dark Souls 2 Lord_Leperman 93 109,760 10-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  Project Dark = Demon's Souls 2? Twin-Skies 3 6,939 10-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Last Post: NiX