Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:39 PM
Teh Graffiti thread.
some of my works, people I know, or just awesome stuff.
That could be neat...I wonder if there's any precedent for that in other countries?

I feel like there is but I can't think of any examples.
shin the problem with that is pink would become mandatory XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

(05-12-2009, 08:26 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: The MMDA would rather paint everything pink.

This is the problem. It starts out under the banner of urban beautification and development, developing walkways, removing obstructions and taking out unneeded road islands, but when everything you see starts turning into hot pink, it's not so beautiful anymore. The main purpose of the geometric MMDA Art was to paint over the vandalism of disgruntled labor groups in the first place, so that's the reason why it's not full blown.

It would be nice if they did dedicate budget for real street art though. I think that provides a real burst of energy to an otherwise gray vicinity.
hell, half the time you wouldn't need a budget. A lot of writers like doing graff simply because they love painting stuff. I know plenty(Totem2, Hense, Temple to name a few) that would love to paint walls for free. most of the time taggers won't bother the walls either if someone really famous has painted them.
ಠ_ಠ