Current time: 04-19-2024, 12:11 PM
Teh Graffiti thread.
some of my works, people I know, or just awesome stuff.
[Image: l_c61dbd67f2a141c1888a137f0ce6564f.jpg]
[Image: l_375a3114f8fe4f09aa08a791a20b99ef.jpg]

two of my works in a tunnel about a mile from my house. first pic is the first one I did, 2nd pic is the third I did.

[Image: l_587d128815d94f2aa12e8d974b117ce1.jpg]
[Image: l_50e4b59b996a492c8fad30967a3bb4ec.jpg]

1st is a friend of mine that has taught me a lot about what caps to use, how to draw out the letters, etc.
2nd is another friend of mine that has a car that we use to get places >.>

this next one isn't anyone I know personally, just my all-time favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDGmmRNWnHQ

sorry, embedding was disabled by request.

anyway, I'll post some more pics/vids later of stuff when I go do some stuff in Macon and Warner Robins. If I can find some of Temple/Nakos's pieces on google I'll post em. They're real famous in Macon, but they don't do much besides huge pieces(something like the one in the vid), or burners(more elaborate pieces)
<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/2551201/macon_graff.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true"> </embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2551201/macon_graff/">Macon Graff</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">For more of the funniest videos, click here</a></font>

found the vid I was looking for. features Serc and Cel, my friends, Aye, one of their friends, EY1, a punk(>_>), Temple/Nakos(partners, part of Bent Crew), and Senz/Loud(partners, part of MTV(Mac-Town Vandals).
ಠ_ಠ
Regardless of what other people here might say, I really like your friend's work on the billboard because of the location LOL

Good work so far, keep it up.
haha i got a grafiti for you......its beautiful but just like luffy you'll have to quest for it.....it's near the mini stop along katipunan....also near the station.....it is near the trikes.......on the corner to your left if you got down LRT katipunan....also the grafiti is related to my favorite plant........a plant that if ithe hands of sanji, he'd create world peace.....,a plant that if luffy gets a hold of.......we'd have starvation..
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
thanks. it was actually right off of the interstate, but then again, there aren't many people around at 4 AM in the morning XD

we don't hit any houses or buildings that people still use, either. gues that makes the difference between a writer and a toy(one who doesn't know a thing, tags over pieces, writes on houses, etc.).

EDIT: Hemp, sorry but I don't live in the Philippines lol. actually on the exact opposite of the globe, Macon, Georgia, USA.
ಠ_ಠ
Nice, if a bit simple. I know I wouldn't do that myself on public/private property though, so kudos regardless.
What I like about Graffiti in this US is that a lot of the stuff are really well done. I'd actually consider them art. Over here, the graffiti that I see looks like they were just put there for bragging rights or whatever. They're so distastefully done though and they look like crap.
the one on the billboard ... now thats daring XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

We have some really good graffiti artists here in Cali, and I was very fortunate to see some top notch work last time I was in New York City.

Here's some pieces from Los Angeles.

[Image: Rime_msk_graffiti_lariver-mod.jpg]

[Image: 0_61_040108_graffiti.jpg]

[Image: 1697623773_fdb726975f_o.jpg]
See there, now that's something I wouldn't mind on a public wall. You should see the crap on our walls over here. -_-
Man, those are some classy stuff. Here in the Philippines, <s>7-year old</s> 5-year old children would probably just beat the crap-ass art on our walls.

(05-11-2009, 05:19 PM)NiX Wrote: See there, now that's something I wouldn't mind on a public wall. You should see the crap on our walls over here. -_-

Now that I think of it, would any of you guys volunteer taking pictures just to show how crappy our graffiti stuff are? LOL
(05-11-2009, 05:44 PM)Goat Wrote: Now that I think of it, would any of you guys volunteer taking pictures just to show how crappy our graffiti stuff are? LOL

T o p n o t c h.

It's as drab and ugly in real life as it looks in the pictures. There's hope though, some artists (aka vandals) are starting to undermine this government art, painting over it with better stuff. Nothing compared to the graffiti you see there, but it's a start.

http://geekofalltrades.wordpress.com/200...in-manila/
That stuff in Manila in the geek link is pretty awesome. It sort of reminds me of African and South American graffiti. Using a picture as your signature instead of a name, the line styles, and so on.

But ya, we have plenty of bad graffiti as well. The stuff I showed was some highlights from the area. There's still plenty of bad stuff, especially when you leave the Los Angeles area. The places with the smaller, less well-established, gangs typically have the weaker art. When there are concerts, shows, or other live events that are hiphop oriented then we get a lot of the top taggers coming through and demonstrating their skills for the crowds.

I actually like the "top notch" stuff. I think the main problem (imo) is that it's not widespread enough. If it was, it could be really pretty. To be fair, though, I'm generally a sucker for urban development projects. I think growing up in a lower income area I always wanted people to try and make the city a nicer place to live.
Yeah I've seen some distasteful graffiti over there too when I was in LA. But still, the ratio of good stuff to nasty stuff wasn't so bad. Over here, most of the graffiti really is just vandalism and not art in any way.

The 'topnotch' stuff that Grim linked is indeed just an urban development project. It can be good indeed except that, as with all things over here, the budget is a major limitation.

As for the geekofalltrades link, I have to say that I've never seen graffiti as good as that anywhere here hahaha. Stuff like that's really rare. I guess that's why there were only so few photos in that post.
Budget limitations go for everyone and everything nowadays, haha.

I enjoy looking at lots of different graffiti in graffiti books. You can really get some perspective on different approaches with some of those books. They've come a long way in recent years with documentation.
Grim, you forgot this LOL

Back to the topic, why won't the MMDA hire graffiti pros instead? Not that I know of any art circles, but I'm pretty sure that there are groups of people that do graffiti, I remember watching one on a late-night documentary. They're people that spend their own money on making art. At the very least, the MMDA can give them areas for them to 'art-ify'.

The MMDA would rather paint everything pink. And white. And blue.