Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:29 PM
XLink Kai
ravenflau09 Wrote:speed:100.0Mbps,i got in online but i cant find an opponent >Sad
Ninja?!

100 mbps?!

That can't be right. That's like... US military internet speed or something. Big grin

Is that PLDT myDSL? I get the same numbers too... but I don't believe them. Test your speed out in one of these online speed testers. Try Googling 'DSL speed test,' then find a test that's based here in the Philippines. Test centers based in North America or elsewhere will obviously skew the results to looking slower than the connection is, but I guess it's a good test to see how you'll hold up when you play the AC community on Kai, which is mostly American players anyways.
i think there's a difference with

mbps and MBps. mb is like mega bits, I think. But what do I know... I'm a psych major. Hahah.
NiX Wrote:i think there's a difference with

mbps and MBps. mb is like mega bits, I think. But what do I know... I'm a psych major. Hahah.
Oooh... I checked it out, there is a difference. Tongue

And I call myself an MIS major. Ouch. Haha.

Mbps = megabits per second
MBps = megabytes per second

That explains it. Sorry ravenflau, got a bit carried away there.
dude!!!can anyone battle me in Kai!!!??? every single enemy dusn't have an english version of LR Argh
di compatible?
puro jap Chair
Minsan lang ako nakakaconect sa kai. Sa gabi lang ako naglalaro, minsan may 3,5 o hanggang 7 o 9 players online.

Kya cguro walang kalaban ay dahil cguro sa time zone sa ibang bansa...

uu nga pla, iba rin ang US version sa Jap..
"It is our ignorance that make us say we know everything..."<br>"The only thing we need to fear is fear itself..."
I've seen you on Kai before, it's been along while though.

I wouldn't mind playing you sometime, though the lag is most likely going to outright destroy our connection. If the distance is to far between people, Kai won't even let them connect.

I advise you to find someone in your area who plays AC:LR (English) and have them start using Kai. The more local someone is to you, the more reliable your connection will be. Although sometimes Kai doesn't like people, and won't let them connect with certain players.

Ever.
My AC Garage:
Hey guys.

Some of you might know that I recently bought a new PS2 unit, the slim one. I only learned recently that this comes with an ethernet adapter already built-in. And since I already have all of the other equipment needed for Kai, my internet speed notwithstanding, I think I'll try to get online and see what happens.

I remember a long time ago people were talking about whether or not you can play bootleg games on Kai. Can you?
Awesome, Grim. I'm hoping for the best.

I can't see why you wouldn't be able to go online. There's no CD-Key, noh?
NiX Wrote:I can't see why you wouldn't be able to go online. There's no CD-Key, noh?

Hopefully, there isn't. I don't wanna spend around 2,000 bucks just to get another Last Raven CD, just to try and see if the play speed over the connection is something we can stomach.
I talked with a dude from ACO about his connection speed. He was on Kai regularly in the past, but he's from Costa Rica. Apparently he has low-tier DSL too. Compare the one below with our own results.

[Image: 320470193.png]

The good thing about this is that Kai seems somewhat playable, he said AC ran at about 2/3rds of its regular speed. The bad thing about this is because he's on the same side of the Pacific as the majority of the online players, his ping wasn't too great.
Awesome. Someone get this man an AC disk asap!
Today's small victory: console's connecting to the network fine.

[Image: kaifk0.jpg]

[Image: kai2hh1.jpg]

Now we need to find out if it'll let me connect to other people.
FUCK. YEAH.

Quote:(TR)LCC: hello gentlemen
TM_Raven: hello friend
Grimlok: hey
Grimlok: so... how do we do this?
Grimlok: who's hosting?
TM_Raven: kai decides who hosts
(TR)LCC: i'm going to auto
(TR)LCC: on nx
(TR)LCC: wurd
Grimlok: ok, me too.
Grimlok: fuck yeah it connected.
(TR)LCC: military gogogo
TM_Raven: 300 ping
TM_Raven: hope that stays connected
---
Grimlok: oh man it stayed connected
(TR)LCC: a battle most epic
Grimlok: good times
TM_Raven: how was the framerate
Grimlok: how bad was that lag?
Grimlok: fuck-tastic.
(TR)LCC: amazingling bad
Grimlok: like, 1/3 speed bad.
(TR)LCC: yeah
TM_Raven: so bad taht it requires a new word huh
Grimlok: still, nice to know it can happen.
(TR)LCC: I WIN KEKEKEKEEK
Grimlok: haha
TM_Raven: zerging!
TM_Raven: kekekekekekekeke
Grimlok: so, thanks.
Grimlok: i don't think we should do any more
Grimlok: unless you have time to waste
(TR)LCC: well i guess TM wants to try
(TR)LCC: his kai
TM_Raven: oh ya I wanna know if it still works
TM_Raven: I Only have lr, so pop in lr lcc
(TR)LCC: ok
TM_Raven: oh ya did I idle out
TM_Raven: do I still have ping
Grimlok: thanks for the battle!

OK, so we have ignition. The lag is laughably bad in it's Matrix-like emulation, but it's nice to know it can happen. Also, the connection, while slow, was surprisingly stable.

Guys, purchase new PS2s with the network card already built in. Or find a network card for your old ones, whatever. I'm dying to play AC again. We might have even less problems than the Westerners because our country's smaller, so get to it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online/XLink Kai/Adhoc Party Meet-ups cabs 60 7,433 02-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Grim