Current time: 03-29-2024, 01:09 AM
Sky Broadband
Their banners caught my eye the other day. Anyone wonder if they're any good? I know it's pretty early in their offering but if you've already read/heard a testimonial, I want to hear it.

I've already taken a look at their packages and it's not bad. I'm just wondering if it's going to be like PLDT's performance in our house/area, which is surprisingly lower than the level of performance other people I know get (surprising because they live quite near me).
Am actually thinking of getting thier services as well. According to speedtest.net they have the highest bandwidth in the phillipines. If you've been following my suffering, I HATE PLDTJason! I'm just looking for another ISP thats more reliable so I can ditch thier shit..
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)
(01-07-2009, 01:47 PM)Doom Trigger Wrote: Am actually thinking of getting thier services as well. According to speedtest.net they have the highest bandwidth in the phillipines. If you've been following my suffering, I HATE PLDTJason! I'm just looking for another ISP thats more reliable so I can ditch thier shit..

They have a free 15-day trial dude. I'm not sure if it's really FREE as in no strings attached free, but we could give it a try.

Call 6310000 for details.

EDIT: Umm, WTF? After getting through the prompts, their phone rings once for me then the line goes dead. GOOD start, Sky.
This would be like preaching to the converted, but AAAAGH I am so pissed at PLDT now.

Our office has been paying for their 3mbps connection every month, but the connection only works in the morning sometimes before getting cut off for the rest of the day.

To make matters worse, PLDT maintenance staff have gone to visit our office 3-4 times already and nothing's happened. It's as if they only made things worse. I'm so tired of their crap. In fact if the issue isn't resolved by next week we're unsubscribing. Mga magnanakaw talaga sila Jason

@Mix: Thanks for suggesting a seemingly good alternative. I'm interested, but my uncle who used this isp before said it was crap as well, and he lives in Makati too. Let me know how it goes Smile
(01-07-2009, 09:06 PM)Sforza Wrote: @Mix: Thanks for suggesting a seemingly good alternative. I'm interested, but my uncle who used this isp before said it was crap as well, and he lives in Makati too. Let me know how it goes Smile

Hmm, baka swertihan din sa lugar to... I'll try calling them again tomorrow. If things push through I'll be chronicling the experiences here.
Quote:I am so pissed at PLDT now.

AMEN to this, haha being in the same office as jake, more or less I'm feeling the same thing.....paputol putol din ang connection d2 sa bahay.
I've been looking around for a new isp to be used at work for a while now (my pldt dsl at home is fine), and I've been thinking of getting SmartBro.

Typed "smart bro service" in google and saw a TON of very negative reviews. Try it out for yourself, it's pretty cringe worthy.
So I called them up and got through, but the number listed on the advertisements is for the main office in San Juan. Got the number for the local office here in Rizal, and it turns out it's not available here yet. June is the early projected timeframe. Sad

I was told that it's already available in Metro Manila and Makati though. Call them to confirm.
Preliminary results are in, and they're kind of a mixed bag, still influenced by where you live. Damn it.

http://www.yugatech.com/blog/the-interne.../#comments