Current time: 04-18-2024, 08:21 AM
Nokia phones
For S60 users -

How to synchronize your phone contacts with your gmail contacts:
http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin...opic=15015

Hopefully they'll add calendar synching eventually.
(05-18-2009, 12:11 PM)NiX Wrote: Personally, I'd get an E71 over the E75. Mas mature na firmware ng E71, pretty much the same functionality, 1500mah battery instead of the E75's 1000mah one, same shitty camera, and right now, the E71's at least 5000php cheaper.

Dude I've been reading up on the E71, and have two separate testimonials from officemates: sobrang naghahang daw yung phone, like when you turn it on, or when you end a call. It goes in stasis for like 30+ seconds, daw.
A bit off-topic, but most gadget sites/discussions unanimously agree that the Palm Pre and the iPhone completely beat Nokia smartphones in almost every single aspect. No one's really explained it though.

Why is this Sad
It's just all down to UI and real-world usability (e.g. You can probably figure out an iPhone within a few days of using it, while maximizing a Symbian smartphone REQUIRES that you read the manual and frequent blogs/forums). In terms of true technology, many of the high-end Nokia phones are very much up-to-date or even ahead in many areas. It's in marketing and the ability to educate consumers where they really suck.

And people have to understand that while Apple and Palm can completely focus their efforts on the development of iPhone and Pre, respectively, Nokia has phones to cover every market segment.

For me, I currently love Nokia phones because they give me the best bang for my buck. But if truly better technologies come along at the right price, I'll have no second thoughts about switching.

Competition, after all, benefits us consumers the most.
-------------------------------

Mix, your officemates probably have to just update the firmware. They're probably on 1.0 or something. It's already gotten 3 firmware updates, I think. ---> (good example of Nokia being unable to convey this to non-geeks -_-)

-------------------------------

Oh and do look up the N97. Blogs have already started getting review units. The initial impressions are really good, considering that it's a Symbian phone. =P I'm personally not interested in buying it but I'm certainly interested in what kind of waves it'll be making in the industry or in Nokia at least.
(06-05-2009, 11:01 PM)NiX Wrote: Mix, your officemates probably have to just update the firmware. They're probably on 1.0 or something. It's already gotten 3 firmware updates, I think. ---> (good example of Nokia being unable to convey this to non-geeks -_-)

Forgot to say they were all on updated firmware, at least last time I checked. It's just what I've heard though, I haven't actually experienced it for myself, although the evidence on the internet is overwhelming.

I like your analysis.
http://hunajatehdas.net/nokia/firmware/en/model:E71 --> You can use this site to check for the latest firmware of most Symbian devices.

I googled "e71 hangs" and saw a lot of discussion, mainly in 2008. The latest firmware was released just last Feb though.

Now if your friends are already on the latest firmware and it still hangs like that, well that just makes me glad that I didn't get an E71. =P
recently got a nokia 5800 xpress music anyone know how to hack it? Please help me i just want to maximize my phone thanks
There are lots of 'warez' forums out there that'll get you cr*cked apps and teach you how to h4ck your phone. What exactly is your goal in h4cking the 5800?
my goal is to used those cool apps n games too anyone please pm me the link . By the way my phone has a nokia care warranty for 1 year will i void it if i cr...k it?
James, I PMed you.

http://www.nokia.com.sg/find-products/pr...ifications

Fuck yeah. Now I feel vindicated for holding out on newer phones. This one essentially fixed everything that was lacking in the E71. Optical navi key too!

I feel sorry for all the fools that 'replaced' their E71 with an E75. LOL
Thanks nix for the link
wow 5 mega pix cam ng E72 . your right Nix they fix it sana lilabas na nila to agad.
Firmware updates for the E71, E63, and E51 just recently. Good stuff.
The title of this post from Mashable claims two Twitter trending topics. The X6 must be that sexy. Nokia certainly is on a roll, first wowing people with their new netbook, and now this.
Yeah, Nokia's on a roll. E52 just released, E72 almost out. N900 just announced.

The N900 is getting me drooling. It's finally a cross of their awesome internet tablets and cellphones. Linux-powered, too.
Quote:http://www.nokiapoweruser.com/2014/04/19...-the-deal/

Nokia-Microsoft deal is going to close soon and a leaked Nokia’s letter to its existing Devices and Services business suppliers base reveals two interesting things. First revelation is about renaming of Nokia Oyj to Microsoft Mobile Oy, which will be a wholly-owned Microsoft subsidiary and may be the name of Microsoft’s mobile devices arm. Good thing for suppliers is that current terms and conditions that they have with the Devices and Services business will not change post deal-closure.

Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cell Phones NiX 53 83,800 07-09-2015, 09:34 PM
Last Post: NiX