Current time: 03-29-2024, 10:08 PM
Setting up an audio system
Is it possible connect my ps3 and pc to my speakrs at the same time?
Currently my setup for my speakers is i connect it either to my HDTV monitor or my pc....which means i can't listen to anything on my pc while it's connected to my hdtv monitor while playing the ps3...i wanna listen to my playlist on my pc while playing my ps3...can this be arranged? I really wanna listen to a long playlist on my pc while playing Fallout III....sux that the ps3 can't play songs while on fallout 3 even with the xmb in game =/
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
If you want in game music toether with ur pc playlist, you may play ur ingame sound in ur tv, then play ur playlist in ur speakers(ardjins idea), I'm going to play this game @ my xb360, that has a music player in thier xmb(it's not what its called but u get the idea), so It's smooth sailing for me there.
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)
yea, my hdtv doesn't have the same sound quality when i play on my speakers, so for me it's either all fallout 3 sounds/music on my speakrers or music playing on my speakrs + not that good audio from my hdtv monitor. Was wondering if i could hook up both....this game really made me wanna download the oldies in the 50s then play a long playlist...The games should require, or ps3 should be able to play music on any game on the xmb, but i guess that'll come in the future. You'll love fallout!!! Enjoy!!!
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

Are you using a composite cable for the audio from the PS3? Also, I'm guessing you connect the speakers to the PC through USB?
I have two speakers back then. One HD while the other just standard surround. I had no problem. Now,I just connect my PSP with a headset while connecting my PS3/TV on my speaker. I can hear both. U Could try that
If I want to play exterior music while using the ps3, I use the direct usb input of my speakers to play music, while the TV speakers play sounds from the game.

Audio and Video: PS3 -> HDMI cable -> TV (built-in speakers on)
External mp3 audio: USB stick -> 5.1 surround speakers usb input

If I want to hear music from the game on my speakers, I use...

Video: PS3 -> HDMI cable -> TV
Audio: PS3 -> digital optical cable -> 5.1 surround speakers
well my set up is as follows *right now*

Speakers = *hooked up where headphones are supposed to be* HDTV >COMPONENT wires> PS3
PC = no speakers = no sound.....
An alternative is, which i do and was already mentioned is, I hook up speakers to PC and play music then play ps3, but the thing is no bass cuz the speakers aren't connected.....would be awesome if i can have full bass on ps3 and pc through my speakers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting up your PS3 media server. Lord_Leperman 6 20,111 02-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Last Post: clonezero