Current time: 04-28-2024, 11:54 AM
Astoria Plaza
Okay Fox, Sforza, AEA1 and me got a text from a certain referral manager from Astoria plaza informing us that we were invited to have a free buffet for 2 and accommodation for two because we were referred to by a certain VIP... The only connection we have is through RR, so yeah... who's idea is this? Tongue

EDIT: Doc told us that he has partaken in the buffet, and he said that there's a program where they'll try to sell you stuff (Some vacation spot somewhere, I forgot the details). He said it was worth it since the program was like an hour and you get a free buffet and an overnight stay for two for free with no strings attached.
The funny thing is that this person addressed us by our real names. Yes, our real names, not our board names, real life nicknames or anything else but by our birth names! Of course there were mistakes (spellings and incorrect name extensions) so i'm guessing someone's just trying to get their rocks off but this is a little bit disturbing.

The text's came almost simultaneously, at worst they were within 30 mins of each other, and like Leperdude said, the only connection that we all had in common was membership status within the Raven Republic. This will likely cause some of us to lose sleep just thinking about this.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Ho noes. Haha. Sayang, I didn't get that message. Sayang. Tongue

I'm pretty sure someone in RR is the mastemind.
(10-12-2008, 05:10 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: EDIT: Doc told us that he has partaken in the buffet, and he said that there's a program where they'll try to sell you stuff (Some vacation spot somewhere, I forgot the details). He said it was worth it since the program was like an hour and you get a free buffet and an overnight stay for two for free with no strings attached.

Ah... networking/sales pala. That explains why you guys received those texts. They usually use those freebies as bait to pull you in. I remember my sister gave me a chance to go to one of these in her place, but I didn't go. The seminar was to be an hour long, and in return you had a free lunch and a chance to win a trip to Bora.
The lady actually called me up late yesterday afternoon, saying almost the exact same thing about the luncha and the seminar. They say that there's no obligations. However, is free food and accomodations worth the annoyance and frustration of having these people nag you constantly for the next several months?

Anyone know how to bar a number from calling you on your cellphone?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
If you have an S60 phone, there are apps that can block calls. I dunno about S40 phones though.
"There is no such thing as a free lunch."