Current time: 03-29-2024, 07:18 PM
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
...In anticipation of Diablo III
25? kung 25 parin un sama tayo ng barb ko me hamachi ka ba?
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

(10-26-2008, 07:36 PM)clonezero Wrote: 25? kung 25 parin un sama tayo ng barb ko me hamachi ka ba?

AHAHAHA!!!

asa.
'Signatures are overrated.'
lol sa tagal mong mag reply syempre alam na... anyway ang pinalalakas ko ung sorc ko mga levl 45+ na

Planning to either resurrect my lagmancer or create a new one. Anyway, i need the pros and cons of using either an Iron or Fire Golem. Can anyone comment on this?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
By v. 1.10 and beyond, golems have been nerfed compared to their past incarnations. Skeletons are now the necro summoner's main weapons, as the synergies of 1.10 have made them much more durable than golems (except the clay golem, which has an ungodly amount of HP).

Lvl 20 skeleton summon and mastery gives each skeleton 1700++ HP while lvl 20 fire golem and mastery gives each fire (and iron) golem 1500++ HP. Each Skeleton does around 125 damage while the fire golem does 425 at that level + holy fire damage. Of course, there'll be 10 skeletons hacking away as opposed to just 1 fire golem.

In any case, here's the breakdown of what you'll be looking for between the 2 golems you wish to conjure up.

Iron Golem Pros:

-Has automatic Thorns aura
-Takes the properties of the item it was formed (If the item has life steal, it will regain hp along with the other properties the weapon has)
-Spawns whenever you start a game (does not need recasting whenever you restart a game, unless of course it dies)

Iron Golem Cons:
-Have to make it out of a metal item, and you lose that item forever.
-Its not that tough... IMO

Fire Golem Pros:
-Can be created out of nothing
-Does fairly OK fire damage
-Has Holy Fire aura, and does fire damage to surrounding enemies
-Absorbs fire damage and converts it to life for itself
-Explodes when it dies, damaging surrounding enemies

Fire Golem Cons:
-Holy Fire damage is fairly weak to useless beyond normal difficulty
-Becomes almost hard to use in Hell difficulty due to every monster having at least one immunity, though the necro's Lower Resist can help counteract that immunity (On a side note, all monsters in hell have 50% physical damage resistance by default).
-Its just tough like the iron golem, but can easily be respawned

For most people, the best golem now is the basic clay golem, as it can easily have 10K HP and will slow down opponents and bosses easily (Couple that with the Decrepify curse to have really slow attacking bosses). You might want to invest in that if you're looking for a tank and have most of your bone and poison spells do most of the damage (I still think skeletons are better tanks due to their numbers).

BTW, here's a handy Necro pet calculator you may want to use for reference, its based on stats for ver 1.10 and beyond: http://tph.tuwien.ac.at/~gottwald/necro_...lator.html
ei one question what is the max possible + skills one can get at once through equips?
eg lidless wall +1, ort sol rune + 1 etc etc

No limit really. + skills will still keep on stacking as much as they say, but the theoretical limit is 255 from what I hear, which can be done through hacked items and such.
I was thinking more within the lines of the legally possible >_<

The farthest I can think of is around +12 to all skills, a bit higher if you use class specific + skill items, or get lucky if you get the + skills unique charm.
ic ty

REVIVE!!
hahaha

So, I've been playing again using a Rabies/Fury Druid this time. It's pretty fun.

I've looked at other Necromancer builds and apparently, the one I regularly use is a close to being heretical. It has no summoning skills and can survive without a tank.
'Signatures are overrated.'

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diablo 3 Twin-Skies 43 52,096 05-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Goat