Current time: 03-28-2024, 09:09 PM
It's official: Jack Thompson to be disbarred
As the thread title sez, JT can no longer practice law in a month's time. Worship

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2008/09/25/disbarred
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Finally.
Jack Thompson Offers His Expertise to Sarah Palin

Quote:Q: What do you get when you cross a media sensation with a guy who loves to see his name in print?

A: A letter from Jack Thompson to Sarah Palin.

Facing imminent disbarment, the Miami attorney has written to the Republican vice-presidential candidate, urging her to take a stand against violent video games. And, of course, offering his own services in that regard.

In a letter to America's best-known hockey mom, Thompson writes:

The McCain-Palin campaign, with all respect, is missing the boat on this issue. I strongly urge your campaign to tell American parents that if elected you will present to Congress a bill that prevents the sale of adult games to kids while fully protecting the First Amendment.

I have this crucial, constitutional legislation drafted and ready to go. You will see voters flock to your proposal. The American entertainment industry’s assault upon our children and our values must stop, and you are the person to stop it.

Thompson's previous attempt at "this crucial, constitutional legislation," however, was declared unconstitutional in stinging language by a federal judge in Louisiana. Utah's Republican attorney general also dismissed a Thompson-drafted bill as a violation of the First Amendment. State legislatures in Delaware and Massachusetts have likewise passed on Thompson's proposal.

By all means Palin, hire him. I can't think of a quicker way to demolish your credibility LOL
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's official: Activision Blizzard now in business Twin-Skies 10 8,818 07-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Black Dragon
  The official Rockstar Games Wii Twin-Skies 2 4,070 12-17-2007, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Twin-Skies