Current time: 03-29-2024, 03:55 PM
Konami game wishlist
Konami's already announced Castlevania for the Wii and DS (a new one I mean), and a new Silent Hill title for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Just wondering what other games you guys think they should also try to move up to either the next-gen consoles or the handhelds.

Personally, I want them to continue the Suikoden saga. There's still so much storyline and maps left to cover after 5, and I really think this RPG has a sort of continuity you just can't find in other games.

Not to mention it was the very first RPG I ever played.

Post your comments guys - I'm planning to use this as material for an article. It's partly to prepare for the Leipzig Convention for this August.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
I like their Guitadora (Guitarfreaks/Drummania) and Bemani franchise, and they're still going strong. Besides their mainstream franchises such as Suikoden, MGS, and Castlevania, I'd like for them to breath new life into some of their poorly received and lesser known titles.

A pretty much dead Konami franchise I wish they'd remake properly would be the Air Force Delta series, which if done correctly, could lead to epic scale fights on the level of Namco's Ace Combat. The main strength of AFD is the diversity and the uniqueness of each aircraft. Like in Ace Combat, your jet can have dozens and dozens of missiles. Unlike AC, an aircraft's endurance is more pronounced, and each aircraft's role (Anti-Air, Anti-Ground, Multirole) truly make a difference in battles. Some aircraft will take up to 5 missiles to bring down while some will just take 3. Ground targets also a real threat and not just cannon fodder, which contrasts to AC series where you'll need 3 missiles at most to bring an enemy aircraft down and usually just 1 for ground targets. What I didn't like are the often unreal and impractical weapon systems developed by your enemies (A fixed, single barrel railgun that fires 5 projectiles ala shotgun, the size of a city that is used to shoot down aircraft for example) and the seemingly useless allies you have in battle. It didn't help that the graphics for this PS2 game look like a last generation PS1 game. In addition, the story is pretty dull and the characters are not really that interesting IMO. A sequel that would redeem this old franchise could have the possibility of competing against the Ace Combat series if done correctly.

Steel Lancer Arena International (SLAI) could have the potential to become a true alternative to Armored Core if they focused more on the gritty aspect of mecha games.

Another Contra game done right. The last good Contra game I played was Contra III: The Alien Wars for the SNES (Contra: Shattered Soldier came close, but it was a little too difficult for me). I hear Contra 4 was good, but too bad I don't own a DS Sad
Konami really needs to make a sequel to Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Seriously. It had that almost perfect quality about it as an arcade-type of game. Just enough difficulty, just enough power-ups to get by. Not to mention the slightly unnerving macabre undertones.

+1 to SLAI and Contra (the 2D, sidescrolling Contra, not that pseudo-3D BS Contra).
Lord_Leperman Wrote:I like their Guitadora (Guitarfreaks/Drummania) and Bemani franchise, and they're still going strong. Besides their mainstream franchises such as Suikoden, MGS, and Castlevania, I'd like for them to breath new life into some of their poorly received and lesser known titles.

A pretty much dead Konami franchise I wish they'd remake properly would be the Air Force Delta series, which if done correctly, could lead to epic scale fights on the level of Namco's Ace Combat. The main strength of AFD is the diversity and the uniqueness of each aircraft. Like in Ace Combat, your jet can have dozens and dozens of missiles. Unlike AC, an aircraft's endurance is more pronounced, and each aircraft's role (Anti-Air, Anti-Ground, Multirole) truly make a difference in battles. Some aircraft will take up to 5 missiles to bring down while some will just take 3. Ground targets also a real threat and not just cannon fodder, which contrasts to AC series where you'll need 3 missiles at most to bring an enemy aircraft down and usually just 1 for ground targets. What I didn't like are the often unreal and impractical weapon systems developed by your enemies (A fixed, single barrel railgun that fires 5 projectiles ala shotgun, the size of a city that is used to shoot down aircraft for example) and the seemingly useless allies you have in battle. It didn't help that the graphics for this PS2 game look like a last generation PS1 game. In addition, the story is pretty dull and the characters are not really that interesting IMO. A sequel that would redeem this old franchise could have the possibility of competing against the Ace Combat series if done correctly.

Steel Lancer Arena International (SLAI) could have the potential to become a true alternative to Armored Core if they focused more on the gritty aspect of mecha games.

Another Contra game done right. The last good Contra game I played was Contra III: The Alien Wars for the SNES (Contra: Shattered Soldier came close, but it was a little too difficult for me). I hear Contra 4 was good, but too bad I don't own a DS Sad

I second SLAI. The storyline for the game was actually more immersive for me than AC.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PC Game stuttering R.Leonhardt 1 3,977 07-15-2015, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Game Recommendations Goat 20 25,485 03-25-2013, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Hell Heart
  Game Grumps Shintetsu 4 6,738 01-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Sirius140
  Ipad Game Suggestions? RoninFang 0 3,125 12-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Last Post: RoninFang
  Indie Game Clients Worked On RoninFang 0 3,817 09-27-2012, 03:45 AM