Current time: 04-16-2024, 02:12 PM
PSP Customization and Modding
http://bbs.egchina.com/archiver/?tid-504958.html

^ Sh*tload of PSX games converted for PSP. A lot of the links are expired, but a lot of them work fine too.

Password is: pinoypsp

Playing Raycrisis now. I really like it. Try getting Einhander and R-type Delta.
Sforza Wrote:^ Sh*tload of PSX games converted for PSP. A lot of the links are expired, but a lot of them work fine too.

Megaupload. >_<

I hate having to install the toolbar. In fact I hate branded toolbars of any sort, even Google's.

Actually, I was just about to post my current theme, so without futher aju-ju, Apollon.

[Image: snap000gc9.jpg]

[Image: snap003pj5.jpg]

[Image: snap004bh2.jpg]

The only thing I don't like about this one is the tacky gameboot, but that can be fixed I suppose.
theGrim Wrote:Megaupload. >_<

I hate having to install the toolbar. In fact I hate branded toolbars of any sort, even Google's.

There's a workaround firefox extension called Megaupload 3 that does the same function as the toolbar without needing to install it.
I have a geeky story to tell.

In this post I pasted a list of downloadable PSX games for PSP. Today I downloaded Chrono Trigger (for PSX) and Vagrant Story. They both didn't work at first on CFW 4.10 m33-2. I turned to google and found this forum thread on Max Console. It's a tutorial for using Dark Alex' Popsloader plugin.

Popsloader allows the user to choose which version of official Sony PSX emulation for PSP will be used to play the game. For example, Chrono Trigger would work with 3.40 but not my current 3.90. Vagrant Story will work with 3.03 only.

The problem is, the Max Console tutorial is a pain in the ass for newbies. From downloading old versions of official firmware updates from Sony to the tedious extraction process.

So, I googled some more and found this thread, which points to an instant solution to get the pre-extracted files needed to stick into the seplugin/popsloader file folder. Through that helpful suggestion, I was able to find this file pack on MU, which contained the files Popsloader would need for older versions. This can be done while holding R on the PSP as the game is run from the XMB, by the way.

Right now I'm trying to finish R-type Delta with no continues, and then (after I fail miserably at R-type) I'll get to playing Vagrant Story, which I've actually never played before. Anyway, if you guys need any help with running PSX games or homebrew, just ask.
Alert, alert. We now have the first PSP-specific virus.

1up Wrote:Trojan Invades PSPs
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3144414

Today Symantec Security Response experts identified the first Trojan that targets Sony Playstation Portable systems, Trojan.PSPBrick, as a Category 1 threat (Category 5 being the worst). As of today, there are no confirmed infections, and we'd like to keep it that way!

The virus is designed to look like a downloadable hack that lets users run their own games on the PSP. Once installed, it deletes system files and breaks the PSP. The user must choose to download it - which means you're safe if you don't go around taking files from strangers.

Bee kaaarfuuul!
The date said 2005.
Sforza Wrote:The date said 2005.

Lol. I wonder how this got in my feed reader.

I figure it must have been squashed by now.

Disregard! LOL
This is cool: maybe we'll have a playable DC emulator on the PSP soon. Ikaruga go!

http://exophase.com/psp/nulldc-dev-fulls...s-6864.htm
This is also cool: the rumored PSP-3000 is real, methinks.

http://my.malloc.us/silverspring/2008/08...o-reality/
exophase Wrote:According to an Engadget Japan report, the recently announced PSP-3000 model will boast an LCD response time that is twice as fast compared to the current Slim model. That means there should be significantly less ghosting and color bleeding -- a widespread complaint with previous iterations of the hardware.

Additionally, the PSP-3000 LCD will feature five times the contrast ratio and double the color gamut. Looks like they've suckered me into buying a third PSP now Tears

PSP-3000国内発表、液晶は色域・応答速度2倍、コントラスト比5倍 [Engadget]

[Image: 2s9d20o.jpg]

Well, I think the PSP-3000 is official by now.
Anyone want to buy a 2nd hand PSP soon? Namely, mine? LOL

Edit: I really dislike the outdoor glare I get when playing under sunlight. The lcd screen goes wonky and shiny shiny.
Sforza Wrote:Anyone want to buy a 2nd hand PSP soon? Namely, mine? LOL

You're buying this one? I plan to do so too, but only once there's CFW on it.

ardjin Wrote:Domo<---this is a smiley?

Yes.
I also now someone selling his for 7k second hand syempre...
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Hey Jake, how much if ever? Tongue
I don't know yet. Might just keep it for a bit longer because I've customized the CFW a lot, and there's a ton of homebrew. In other words I'd have to clean the pipes before selling. Also, g-mask raised their PSP wrapping price from 900 something to 1.5 or 1.8k lately. I had mine done for 900ish.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Modding Skyrim XD RoninFang 4 5,935 05-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Last Post: RoninFang