Current time: 04-28-2024, 04:23 PM
Rickrolling Araneta Coliseum
Anyone want to watch?

--------------------------------------------------------

Rick Astley coming for concert Aug. 1!!!

Close on the heels of the parade of foreign artists performing here, '80s pop icon Rick Astley is also coming for a concert in Aug. 1 at the Big Dome.

Astley fans can expect their idol to sing his hit songs, including Together Forever and Never Gonna Give You Up, on the show called Rick Astley: Here and Now, produced by Mossimo Music and DMC Philippines.

Here's a refresher backgrounder on Astley, courtesy of the producers:

Born Richard Paul Astley in Lancashire, England, Astley made an impact with his first solo outing, Never Gonna Give You Up, which was released in 1987. The song was an instant success, spending five weeks at the top of the British charts and becoming that year's highest-selling single. Never Gonna Give You Up also topped the singles chart in the US, followed by a second number-one hit in Together Forever.

In 1991, Astley cemented his growing reputation when he was nominated for a Grammy award as Best New Artist of the Year.

Astley specialized in bouncy dance pop, but showed he was just as good at ballads when he released 1991's Cry For Help, which reached the top of the charts in both the UK and the US. It proved to be a good year for Astley, because in 1991, he had another major hit with Whenever You Need Somebody, which sold two million copies.

To date, Astley's total record sales have reached almost 40 million worldwide. His latest release, The Ultimate Collection: Rick Astley, which hit the market in April 2008, has already reached #17 on the UK Top 40 albums chart and is still going.

He's even become an Internet phenomenon-in 2007, an anonymous poster tricked an estimated 25 million users into watching a video of Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up. The video was on endless repeat, giving rise to a phenomenon now known as "Rickrolling."

(Note: Rick Astley: Here and Now is supported by MYX Music, ABS-CBN and Magic 89.9 as media partners. Before the Big Dome concert, a kick-off party will be held at Dolce Bar, at Tomas Morato, Quezon City, on July 8; at Hard Rock Makati on July 16. Lots of gimmicks, surprises and prizes await lucky Astley fans. For ticket inquiries call SM Ticketnet outlets at 911-5555; and DMC Philippines c/o Cris at 0916-3958112 and c/o Mads at 0922-7892345.

Ticket prices are P5,250 for VIP, P4,200 for Patron, P3,150 for Lower Box, P2,100 for Upper Box A, P1,050 for Upper Box B and P525 for General Admission.)
My head just asploded with teh awesome.
i thought this was a topic parodying rick and rickroll
No, this is serious business. If it won't be too expensive, I actually wouldn't mind watching.
NiX Wrote:No, this is serious business. If it won't be too expensive, I actually wouldn't mind watching.

The prices are at the bottom of the first post?
He's coming, for reals.

[Image: 06262008dp5.jpg]
Mix, pogi ng reflection mo ah hahah
NiX Wrote:Mix, pogi ng reflection mo ah hahah

Yeah, my aura was really glowing white that day.
I can't see him.
Shintetsu Wrote:I can't see him.

Here's another shot.
I meant, I can't find your reflection.

No wait, maybe Nix meant that he's supposed to be your reflection.

I am dumbfounded.
LOL Mix's image faintly reflected on the glass when he took the photo. You were wearing a cap when you took that, noh Mix? Then again, you're always wearing a cap. XD
I just got rickrolled again.
Guys, I have 2 tickets to this, Upper Box A. Same price listed above (P2,100).

Contact me soon if you want them, because they might not last.

EDIT: This is reserved seating by the way, so you can be sure you'll have something to sit down on after "Never Gonna Give You Up". Also, while it's nice if you'd buy both tickets at once, it's OK if you buy just one too.
There's this command in DotA, -rickroll.

See what it does xD