Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:44 AM
Blading Better....
well first off... im just warning you that i dont know a lot about blades. i know what damage is, heat ect.. but from what i hear, some are VERY different from each other.

1: what are some usual tactics involved? ob'ing to get behind ect...

2: what kind of frame would be best suited for such close range dogfighting?

3: what blades would go well with said frame...

thanks in advance!
Lightweight-Midweight ACs+OB+CoD+PoD=GG lol
CoD and PoD? sorry.. not familiar with those two terms..
not sure about what CoD is...

but the PoD means Poke of Death...the "pokes" that Tank AC's and (?)Quads do instead of a slash.(might be a hover that does the PoD too...I forget)

the PoD is a lot stronger than the standard slash done by blades
ಠ_ಠ
Yeah, PoD is the way to go. It's harder to hit, but if you manage to land one, there's a high possibility of damaging (or even destroying) a part.
TAROS, LB4 and ELF3 are highly recommendable blades, though you might also want to try MOONLIGHT. ELF2 is easy to use, however, it has low damage.
BTW, it would also be smart if you have some weapons that can stun or confuse your opponent while you close in. Bazooka works too as well as some missiles like SPARTOI and MV2.
[Image: nines.jpg]
mekkakat Wrote:1: what are some usual tactics involved? ob'ing to get behind ect...

OB hooking has been largely unused since the days of Silent Line, because now generator capacities are much lower, and the refresh is slower too - players want all the energy they can have. What's popular for bladers now is to utilize some sort of stun or distraction to keep their opponents preoccupied while they position themselves for a strike.

Also note that blades now are largely secondary weapons, you'll rarely find a design that tries to make the blade its primary method of dealing damage.

With that said, weapons like the RL or the B2/B3/BP zooks should give you the stun capability you're looking for.

Weapons like the MV vertical missiles or the Syakatsura missiles are successful in creating a window in which opponents are distracted with dealing with something else other than you.

mekkakat Wrote:2: what kind of frame would be best suited for such close range dogfighting?

Light, low drain frames are the way to go.

Heads used to affect blade tracking (where you blade and it'd lead the blade in the direction of the opponent), but as far as I know that's already been taken out in LR. Regardless, choose heads that are light and easy to work with. S2, Cicada, Cicada2, Eye3.

For arms, look at the blade aptitude stat. See how Loris dominates them all haha.

For the core, choices like the Cronus, the 99UL are OK. Most bladers would probably go for EOs though, as they provide a helping hand in dealing bits and pieces of damage here and there. E2 comes to mind. OB cores are pretty hard to use with a blader because of the aforementioned shortage of energy. Maybe try Atlas or Rakan.

For the legs, think fast. Dingo2 is obviously a top choice. For quads try the LF71, and for tanks try the Boar or Boar2.

There are lots more workable parts out there, try experimenting.

mekkakat Wrote:3: what blades would go well with said frame...

I'm a fan of the Elf series, but the LB4 is also usable. And then of course, Moonlight.
LB4 or Elf3 for me. LB4 has the range, and the power, while the Elf3 has the power and heat, so uhm just use LB4, good for a Middleweight Biped
My first impression of you was right

But there is still that needs to be done

We must hurry
Just use basic Spec Mid-weight low drain but good armor(OB is good unless you can use it well though i prefer a EO for starters.) and good speed(around 300-375mvs), Fastest Booster you can put in, Best Cooler, and Nice generator. Cause you will need to distract the opponent first. try to put annoying weapons like with High heat or flame damage. or preferably a machine gun with lots of ammo and for back weapon use missile with vertical or ground launch for stunning purposes.(though i use a Grenade Launcher and a Long range Energy cannon... XD ) then when you got a Good spot or chance Go for the Kill~!. though you must a have a good footing and range and make sure you always got a good landing when hovering or you'll stun your self leaving you wide open~! XD

I don't prefer the Lightwieght because you will lack AP and you can control your speed and when you got hit. It will hurt big time.
so why mid-weight? cause you can still put a good fight and can still take damage from time to time. and you can use the Super Blade tactics very well. Happy
blading...

to start off...the equation: hit = [range] + [tracking] x [raven's skill]

damage = arm's blade aptitude (if the stat is 127, this means you will have 27% additional damage. but if only 95, this means only 95% of the damage stat will be delivered)

for speed + durability + stamina: a low drain, light mid-weight frame...meaning, underweight LOL

you can slash...in the ground or in mid-air Jason
you can...charge directly and blade, or circle on your enemy and blade Jason

AC's frame will affect the behavior of the laser blade's swing :Jason:
>low right to upper left = humanoid (too many combination to mention)
>upper right to lower left = humanoid & RJ (too many combination to mention)
>horizontal = hovers
>poke/stab = quads & tanks

low right to upper left, upper right to lower left, horizontal = standard slash/damage. fairly good to hit & blade range plays it part Domo better slash in mid-air for more damage

poke/stab = very deadly both in ground & mid-air engagements, but difficult to hit Jason

blade OB'ing = just utilize this in a quick charge strike
stun...then slash = when your enemy is very stubborn, just like what they said, to pin them on the ground or for distraction
EO= obviously to help you dealing damage

good blades:
MOONLIGHT = epic We're not worthy
TAROS = long range, high damage, but slow cool down
LB4 = long range, high damage, but low wave damage & slow cool down
ELF3 = high damage, high attack heat & wave damage, but kinda short
ELF2 = the longest of all laser blades, but kinda low damage
others are LB2, ELF
LB3 is the shortest but attack rating is the highest
LB = if you want to humiliate your oppenent if you kill him with this, the starter blade LOL

just experiment on the frames...know your style...and practice LOL

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
Try Practicing OB-Slash Combination. XD Love that combination. The Adrenaline Rush~! XD
CoD - Circle of Doom/Death

Moves which requires that attacker to stay on his target's blindspot while blading. It gets its name from the effect that the attacker makes circles around his target while slashing it to death.

A must is having a faster AC, or an AC a weightclass lighter than your opponent. This move is best used with low drain blades like LB, LB2, Elf, Elf2. Though great with tanks and quads, CoD is much easier to use with Bipeds, RJs and Hovers. Best on opponents who don't use OB.

I use the LB3 the most. Raw power FTW.
'Signatures are overrated.'
(04-26-2010, 08:23 AM)Serene Wrote: CoD - Circle of Doom/Death

Moves which requires that attacker to stay on his target's blindspot while blading. It gets its name from the effect that the attacker makes circles around his target while slashing it to death.

The other thing to keep in mind with is to not to "slide" in front of the opponent when attempting to pull off the above tactic. You can even get creative and use extension boosters if you'd like (Turn and Back boosters are quite useful for bladers if you can afford the drain and weight.).

Ummm, who are we talking to again? Blink
Mekkakat. But hell, this thread's Like 2 years old.
'Signatures are overrated.'