Current time: 03-29-2024, 01:14 PM
Introductions: The Original Thread
welcome to the boards \o/
Thank you guys for welcoming me to the board.
Welcome to RR dood!
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
(03-20-2013, 05:38 AM)Sirius140 Wrote: Welcome to RR dood!

Why, hello there. Would you mind properly introducing yourself as well? I spent quite a bit of time last year going through this subforum and I believe I have never seen an intro thread from you too.

Just curiosity, is all. I mean, it is only fair since a lot of us have made posts/threads of our own. It appears that you just signed up and made yourself right at home.
(03-20-2013, 11:04 AM)Skreija Wrote:

Why, hello there. Would you mind properly introducing yourself as well? I spent quite a bit of time last year going through this subforum and I believe I have never seen an intro thread from you too.

Just curiosity, is all. I mean, it is only fair since a lot of us have made posts/threads of our own. It appears that you just signed up and made yourself right at home.
It would appear so, also I did introduce myself, but through the improper channel which is why I thought that I originally made an introduction thread for myself, but instead it was a PM that I can't seem to find. Maybe it was an email? No I just checked, it never existed electronically. I will throw up an intro thread if it's necessary.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
(03-20-2013, 11:17 AM)Sirius140 Wrote:

It would appear so, also I did introduce myself, but through the improper channel which is why I thought that I originally made an introduction thread for myself, but instead it was a PM that I can't seem to find. Maybe it was an email? No I just checked, it never existed electronically. I will throw up an intro thread if it's necessary.

Then make one, young pup. I insist, nay, demand, that you make one.
(03-20-2013, 11:20 AM)Skreija Wrote:

I would like to hear the opinions of the members first, thank you. Besides I can mostly remember what I typed on that non-existent intro piece.
(03-20-2013, 11:20 AM)Skreija Wrote:

I'll second this. Kinda curious as well. Tongue
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(03-20-2013, 11:24 AM)Sirius140 Wrote: I would like to hear the opinions of the members first, thank you. Besides I can mostly remember what I typed on that non-existent intro piece.

Just introduce yourself and get it over with.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Ok fine.
@Fox and Serene

My thanks to you, gentlemen. The mystery shall be solved at long last.
Funny thing is; is that it's been about a year since I registered here.
Doesn't matter.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Alright guys. I feel like this has gone on long enough, and I just want to put my perspective on it.

Whenever new guys sign up for the forum, an automatic PM from me is sent to them to welcome them to the forums. Some folks reply, others don't. It's not a big deal.

This is the internet. We can set all the rules and guidelines in the world, but it doesn't change the fact that people can and will post whatever and wherever the heck they want. And if they don't, then they don't.

Particularly with the introductions, and particularly because we're a tightly knit group, some people can come off as rude if they don't introduce themselves. But more often than not, it's probably because of the following three reasons:
1. They're not regular forum goers and don't know where to introduce themselves or how to work a forum, or
2. They're regular forum goers but on the bigger boards where people don't care as much, or
2. They don't want to.

And again, it's not a big deal. If they're rude, then we'll ban them. But until they are, even if they don't introduce themselves, let's not be. So let's lay off the newbies who come in and post, alright? If they're really abrasive then talk to them on PM or something.

EDIT: Feel free to disagree of course. If you feel that we should make introductions mandatory, please do speak up (either here or through PM).
I agree with Papa.... =)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  leuchtfeuer's Intro Thread leuchtfeuer 13 16,536 09-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Last Post: HayWire
  MY OWN THREAD FOR my intro Hempire 24 2,142 10-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Last Post: atdsutm