Current time: 03-29-2024, 02:06 PM
PACT 4 - Let's go RAVENS!
wow... this is my first time i joined in this tournament.. 1st of all i thank God na maayos ang tournamentWorship

una pa lang kinakabahan ako because maraming magagaling na contestant dun...actually tsamba lng ang pagkapanalo dahil hindi ako ganun ka-prepare and i dont know if my skill is still sharp in using krsw because my last practice before pact2 and after that in a year i stop on playing AC...
siguro kung kasali cla boss rick at nix hndi ako first place...LOLLOLLOL

hindi ko nga akalain c sensei moonlight raven ang nakatapat ko akala ko nga matatalo na ako kc alam nya ang training ko at matagal na kasi kami magka rival nun pa sa master of arena...

sayang nga lang kapos ang oras nmn dun gusto ko sna makalaro ung d ko pa nkkalaban.....maybe some other time

I am really enjoy in this competition.. lalo't lalo na sa yummy japanese curry...

to Andrew: Ok lng yan marami p nmn match up and you are awsome skilled pilot...

to Grim: Boss Grim chamba lng cguro ang pagkapanalo ko sa u kasi lagi ako nagugulat sa pick-a-boo style with your GL ang galing talaga Nosebleed

to the tekken addicts: tnx for the playing nag enjoy ako at may natutunan ako dun... sobrang galing nyoWorship

to Rick and Nix: tnx pala sa special match... pero i will train hard para maging katapat ko kau ...Salute
If the RR members were a ship's crew...

First mate - "A fine harvest we have here today, sir."
Captain - "I agree, the seas have indeed been bountiful to us."
Radioman - "Comm to the Captain, crews report that they need more nets."
Captain - "Alright, permission granted to bring out the big-haulers."
Radioman - "Aye sir."
First mate - "The big-haulers? Is that wise, sir?"
Captain - "It's fine, she'll be able to handle it."
Radioman - "Comm to the Captain, it's the cargo room this time, they say that they're currently approaching full capacity."
Captain - "Well, get rid of some of the non-essentials, this is one harvest that must reach the shores!"
First mate - "Sir, I suggest we reduce the catch, we have more than enough at this point anyway."
Captain - "Nonsense, the ship has carried bigger loads than this, our catch of prawns must be delivered to the Republic."
Engineer - "Cap'n, this is the engine room, the prawns are getting too many for us to hold, the engines are gonna give out, she cannot take any more!"
Captain - "Scotty, get my engines back to full power immediately, this is vital to our operations!"
Engineer - "I'm givin' ye all I have but it's too much fer us!"
Radioman - "Captain, forward cargo hold reports that they're taking in water!"
First mate - "Just in from the crew cabins, at this point, there's even more prawns than water!"
Captain - "Bloody hell, at this rate, we're gonna need a bigger cargo hold."
Ensign - "Sir, with all due respect, we're gonna need a bigger boat!"
Radioman - "Captain, the prawns are everywhere, we've made all the space we can and they're still crawling over the ship!"
Captain - "We have no choice! All hands, abandon ship! I repeat, ABANDON SHIP!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone (especially to Jake and Rick) for making that day one of the best meets we've ever had. Congrats to the victors and may God have mercy on our souls.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
All hands, abandon ship! I repeat, ABANDON SHIP! Clapping
Nice vids! That match between Dave and Alvin was especially tight. Watching them makes me really feel like playing AC right now. >_<

Edit: Nga pala Dave, post mo naman ang tourney-winning designs mo!
I just read a book and its got a phrase thats fits here nicely "God fearing men with clean bodies and dirty minds" ...

maybe we can call the multi-game meet at DT's pact4.01 the aftermath...
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Alright, here's the deal. Try as I might to wrap my mind on it, I can't figure out who placed third this PACT. We're all sure of #1 and #2, but I don't know who bagged #3. Also, it's quite impossible to model the bracket we did on the tournament maker software.

So... how about no third this time? I'm being lazy yes, but I just don't wanna do the math right now. If someone were willing to, then by all means step up.

I propose for future PACTs someone bring a laptop or something that we can install this on, and we let that run the show. It lists the brackets automatically, as well as determines what matches are next, etc, etc, so less administrative problems.
theGrim Wrote:Alright, here's the deal. Try as I might to wrap my mind on it, I can't figure out who placed third this PACT. We're all sure of #1 and #2, but I don't know who bagged #3. Also, it's quite impossible to model the bracket we did on the tournament maker software.

So... how about no third this time? I'm being lazy yes, but I just don't wanna do the math right now. If someone were willing to, then by all means step up.

Modesty aside, I think that would be me if it was judging from number of wins or matches played, considering I lost to Alvin twice in parallel winner-loser bracket matches. Didn't expect to lose twice but oh well LOL

No third placer is fine too, I thought my performance wasn't very good because of too much Monster Hunting.
Here's the rough thing I've been working on:

Code:
name              w/l/tot   %
==============    =======   ====
grim              2/1/3     67%
dave              5/0/5     100%
azuriel           0/2/2     0%
andrew            3/2/5     60%
sforza            3/2/5     60%
grimweld          0/2/2     0%
doc               1/2/3     33%
mikeberserkr      1/2/3     33%
serene            0/2/2     0%
archangel         2/2/4     50%
fox               1/2/3     33%
moonlight_raven   4/2/6     67%

Alright, so like I did in the past tourney I gauged the rankings by how far the participant got into the brackets, then sorted out any ties with who had the better percentage. So that makes it down to you and Andrew. But then... Andrew didn't fight his last fight if I remember right, because we realized he wasn't in the correct bracket. He was supposed to fight Moonlight_Raven after your match with him (this is why we should use the software in future tourneys).

So now I still don't know who to give 3rd place to. Although it isn't that big of a deal, I'd still like to know.
theGrim Wrote:So now I still don't know who to give 3rd place to. Although it isn't that big of a deal, I'd still like to know.

Let's just share it among everyone that participated LOL

I don't feel that the tournament was very valid since Rick and Nix weren't able to join. Not taking away anything from Dave's win, but I'm pretty sure the outcome would be different if either of them did join.

The point of a tournament is to find out who the best player/designer is, and not who the second best player is. Nawalan na ako na ganang maglaro nung nalaman kong di pala sasali yung dalawa. Because yes, I believed that I could win unlike some other people.
if NiX & Lord_Leperman have participated in PACT4... the outcome would be = "Moonlight_Raven is TOASTED"

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
Me too.. I admit it.. I not becoming a champ if they were there.. but then again I always saying I will fight for honor!! whether they were strong enough I am happy for fighting stronger than me it really challenge meNinja
Jake for third.

0-2-2 hurts my eyes...
NO HOLDING BACK!!!
'Signatures are overrated.'
haha! 0-2-2! hmm... pretty bad start...

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
Don't want to seem as if I'm joining the bandwagon, but I'm too opinionated for my own good sometimes Smile

To put it simply, I think Leperman screwed up by not joining the tournament. He probably thought that he was being charitable or nice by not joining, but he made himself look like an ass of sorts because he inadvertently insulted some people who actually wanted to face the best. It's like that in any tournament.

I don't think it'll be a problem anymore since the misconception is cleared up. Leperman organized the event almost by himself so there's a lot to be thankful for for his participation as well.
He fought Ethermaster as a final boss though. Used his older PACT Designs.
'Signatures are overrated.'

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PACT Regulations - ACV 1.01 NiX 51 64,751 06-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Last Post: NiX
  ACV PACT NiX 8 13,401 05-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Last Post: farmboy28
  PACT VI NiX 295 322,849 02-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu
  PACT Regulations for LR NiX 316 387,622 12-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Last Post: atdsutm
  PACT 6 NiX 36 46,739 01-21-2011, 05:46 PM