Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:40 PM
hospital drama
Indeedy. A person like that everyone'd miss.
at the Service ICU

Doc... BP=0 HR=0 Shock

*Code Blue*Jason (waahhh, toxic talaga duty ko)

sir pakilagay sa cardiac monitor... ahh ok
-ay, sir... ung cardiac board

3:04 pm...

(ang Intubation set)
(nurse) Doc, what ET (endotracheal tube) size? 7.5 or 8.0?

cge, intubate patient now...
(after intubation..)

sir, pa Ambu-Bag

(medical clerk)-> CPR

(nurse) doc, first dose epinephrine given... doc, every 3 or five minutes ba?

(doc) every 3 minutes sir

CPR continues...

(nurse) second dose Epi given

(doc) sir, pa-fast drip ako ng Plain Normal Saline Solution

(doc)-> sir, stop muna CPR, pakitingin ang BP..

(medical clerk)-> sir, wala pa rin

(doc)-> cge, tuloy ang resuscitation

. . .

then... BP=90/60 HR=30's Woot

(doc) nurse, pabigay naman ako atropine

given...Domo

15 minutes passed... CPR continues

(nurse looks at Cardiac Monitor) doc, Ventricular Fribrillation

(doc) ok, defribillate

(nurse) sir, what energy?

(doc) mga 200 [joules] muna pare

(doc) clear

(the team) Clear!

--- delivers shock to the patient

---heart stabilizes

but after that patient deteriorates...

at 3:37 pm, patient was clinically pronounce dead

(me, the nurse)- post mortem care rendered Wacko

---

Chair it happened to me on one of my PM (2-10 pm) duty last march, in the 4 bed capacity Service ICU ... wherein with-in my shift , I have 2 deaths, and undergone the resuscitation

sometimes, I'm getting sick of my duty... same toxic scenarios... some of my co-staff says to me "may kalawit ka nanaman"Chair

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
haha... may kalawit ka na-naman... I get that a lot too...

some horror stories I've encountered...

doc... yung last epinephrine... saline na lang ha? naubusan na tayo ng stock eh...

SIr... Pa ET... sandali lang po doc... kukuha pa sa kabilang ward.

Doc, pwedeng huwag ninyong tigilan ang CPR... hihintayin pa parents niya eh... galing batangas :<

winner story...
CLEAR!!! putang-@#@$# ( I anadventently shocked myself... my thigh touched the metal stretcher ) ako ang i-ECG pagkatapos.
AEA1 Wrote:doc... yung last epinephrine... saline na lang ha? naubusan na tayo ng stock eh...

Doc, pwedeng huwag ninyong tigilan ang CPR... hihintayin pa parents niya eh... galing batangas :<

winner story...
CLEAR!!! putang-@#@$# ( I anadventently shocked myself... my thigh touched the metal stretcher ) ako ang i-ECG pagkatapos.

LOL

Panalo.
ROFL. Ikaw pa na-shock LOL
LOL.

Exercise your heart, Doc.
AEA1 Wrote:haha... may kalawit ka na-naman... I get that a lot too...

some horror stories I've encountered...

doc... yung last epinephrine... saline na lang ha? naubusan na tayo ng stock eh...

SIr... Pa ET... sandali lang po doc... kukuha pa sa kabilang ward.

winner story...

sakit naman nun doc... can't imagine the shockWacko

tapos kulang ang laman ng emergency cart ng ward... tapos pag deadbol na ang patient, pakitang-tao na lang ang CPRShifty nangyayari rin yan sa akin

e2 pa, one time sa duty ko dati. na-assess ko bumigay na ang patient... cge revive... aggressive ang mga relatives (yun, nagmistulang mala-drama ang service ICU). after 20 minutes... sabi ng isang relative sa akin (sabay pigil sa kamay ko kc ako yung nagC-CPR)"tama na doc, tama na" (sabay hagulgol, buti di ako nalagyan ng sipon).. grabe ang ingay, soap operaChair

another one, i have an admission. a 13 year old boy, dx: electrical shock... came at ER -> DOA revived after 10 minutes with 6 shocks of defibrillator and some NaHCO3 drip, Dopamine drip and other drips (can't remember, parang christmas tree ang patient sa dami ng IVF's)... when i'm going to suction the secretions in the ET tube (yah, full of frothy bloody thing, due to collapsed left lung), yah.. the patients ET tube threw out the *Yuck* secretions on my armChair arghhh... probably the patient coughed, yan, amoy palengke na ako, pati puting uniform ko natalsikanVomit

masarap lang magduty kasi sa mga chiks na medical clerks and other staffs... heheheheWub

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
you know about the cebu scandal... there are a lot worse horror stories happening in O.R.s especially at night shifts... kung walang consultants.

That Cebu thingy just got overblown...

I doubt it if they can remove the licences of the ones involved.

let's just wait and see.
You mean those cebuanos haven't gotten their licenses revoked yet? -_-

Sure, stuff like that may be happening, but don't freaking upload it to YouTube for the world to see. Or for ANYONE to see, for that matter. -_-
Nice avatar Doc. I see you finally got that specific one working, harhar.

Oh and blame it on my not caring about the news recently, but I only just found out that the guy who was videotaped was having surgery to remove a can of hairspray up his ass. -_-
nope... no revocations...

let's face it... pinoys enjoys scandals... inherently Filipinos are pakialamero and usisero. THese scandals are much easier to spread now due to cell phones, bluetooth and youtube.

what I think... the guys would have been better if he just shut up. It's like saying "hey everyone!! the guys who had a spray can up his ass was me!!".

Filipinos also have very short memories... this issue will just blow over as soon as the next juicy topic comes along... and the doctors at the said hospital will go about their business with just a warning or at most a reprimand. "malalakas din ang kapit ng mga doctor na yun sa cebu, practically untouchable in the profession" so I doubt if anything is going to happen... not sure bout the nurses though.

only in the Philippines Smile
Hahah talk about job security.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Computer Shop Drama Doom Trigger 199 214,470 06-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu
  Office Drama Sforza 14 15,690 06-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu