Current time: 03-29-2024, 01:33 PM
bringing back the mandatory rotc
i have heard from my friends in the military that there are now plans to bring back the mandatory reserve officers training course i don't know when but too bad for the long haired boys here and to the incoming college freshman
if you know yourself and your enemy you will never fear the results of a hundred battles if you know yourself but not the enemy for every victory you will suffer a defeat if you dont know yourself neither your enemy you will lose at every battle.<br />sun tzu, the art of war
I heard talks of that about a year ago, when Mayor Lim visited UE.

What I should wish for is that they don't void out our NSTP accomplishments.

Because, what we need right now are more action and less soldiers.

NSTP's already doing a good job for small communities and not very strong students, so why bring back ROTC?
Personally, I don't think the mandatory ROTC was ever a bad thing. I just think that some people are more lazy than others when it comes to physical exercise (excluding those with disabilities, of course). Hindi nila gusto magbanat ng buto, so to speak.

Military training for the citizens, when done right with none of the officers slacking off or the students actually taking it semi-seriously, should do people's disciplines some manner of good.
Hm...
Good point.

Ang alam ko, naging optional ang ROTC nung na-implement ang NSTP right?
Yes.
I vote yes ... it is tiring *especially of you get thrown on the special squad mid point ... that was a real pain* but Im actually missing being able to do cool flourishes with a rifle ... its been a long time.

and ROTC is available on your first year which is a good thing as most 1st year subjects are chicken feed unlike that of 2nd and 3rd year subjects. stress management.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

I think it's better thet ROTC be put back.

..CAT and ROTC are my only form of calorie-burning exercise. lol
Hmmm...
A combined curriculum of ROTC and NSTP would be good.

Well, it would be nice to see students in soldier uniform helping out communities right?

Discipline with Public Service Rocks~!!