Current time: 03-28-2024, 09:51 PM
Computer Shop Drama
There's Serene for you, sir DT.
That's actually what I was gonna suggest, DT. Maybe it's time to get a bouncer-type bantay. =P
Ok na sana na yun, Shin, kaso ngab lang hindi ako bouncer

Ehehe

A bantay with bulging muscles and likes to play cake-mania a lot.
Nice story. I was waiting for the climax, where the main characters finally confess their love for each other.

Anyway, just wanted to warn DT too that the system of separating customers is illegal. You can be sued for prejudice. There is a way to get around it though.
@sforzando: I'm pretty aware of that, and am currently working on segragating mild mannered ppl from wild chaotic ones. One idea is to charge a slightly higer fee upstairs(cuz it's more comfy upstairs and all) plus a membership fee with the benefits of a regular charging fee. Currently I'm charging php15 by the hour up and down, if all goes smoothly I'll charge php20 per hour upstairs, and members will pay php15 upstairs while downstairs will be fixed php15 regardless of membership..

This plan was pushed back because my place upstairs was new to the sceen, and was just gathering steam so to speak. Just wish this would work, cuz ppl in the market always go for cheap.
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)
It would work
As long as mas maganda yung units upstairs. or just slightly better than those downstairs.
Para hindi halata. Like a faster connection, better units, more secure system. Kakagat mga hardcore.

In most ways, it's good to seperate the good from the bad mannered.

Ok din yung idea mo ha.
NiX Wrote:That's actually what I was gonna suggest, DT. Maybe it's time to get a bouncer-type bantay. =P

Exactly what I thought when I read the first few posts.

DT, you should definitely go with the higher fee plan as soon as you can.
Doom Trigger Wrote:This plan was pushed back because my place upstairs was new to the sceen, and was just gathering steam so to speak. Just wish this would work, cuz ppl in the market always go for cheap.

16 pesos nalang sa taas, kasi may dagdag na 1 usb port at masmalaki ang free space sa hard drive (!) ng mga CPU sa taas LOL
Damn, a problem concerning my net connection arose a while back. Can't pin point yet if this is a result of a virus or faulty equipment, I'll just hafta confirm during closing time onwards to do so..

The symptoms are some of my units cannot connect to my router(which is connected to the net), the wiered thing is, some of my units, while sharing the said symptoms deffered thier GUI to crummy windows 98 style(my units are all xp[which led me to belive it's a virus]). There's something seriously wrong, cuz my threat protection led me to belive it was faultless..
Wow that sucks man. Pero definitely go with the 20 bucks for upstairs. More than acceptable na yung presyo na yun.
Try NOD32 AV, i've tried it, and it's waay more reliable than cheap/free AVs. Add me up on YM if you need it.

PM me for YM ID.

Gotta sleep.
Just finished an all nighter, reformated 6 PCs and cleaned the server and reset the router.. Things like this make me wonder, what have I done to deserve this shit.

The defensive barier I was talking about earlier(faultless bleh), was deep freeze. It's a system that freezes your hard drive to it's newly reformated form always upon rest.. It seems to me that the virus specifically was designed to pierce thru all that. No doubt it was intentional, maybe by my rival PC shop(shit like this happens from time to time). The damage has been done, and probably will reflect later stash, just hope when I sleep now, thigs don't screw up later..
That's part of maintaining PCs. Eh, question is, bakit sa palengke. Thing is, pag dyan ka gumawa, your boards and mice will be worn out by a month's time, plus your headsets, mics and maybe even your monitors will be defaced by then.

Opinion ko, move your business somewhere else where people act like people.

Putsahan tayo, yung competitor mo sa tabi tabi mas bulok pa sa Netopiang naka CRT monitors.
@Shintetsu: not to brag but all my pcs have lcd's for screens, 256mb video card and pentium dual core processors.. my competitors don't even come close to my specs, and yet I'm stationed in a market(this is madness), might seem very unfair, but actually works. Sure my gear gets worn out fast because of the "palengkeros" but thier sheer number, more than makes out for it, plus this is the only commercial venue I can afford when I started out 2 years ago, furthered by the fact that I'm I'm actually renting a property of my granma..
Pwede mong lagyan ng limiters yung access ng PC mo, i.e. User access over Admin access.

That way, 'di ka masyadong mamomroblema sa noobs na walang magawa kung di manabotahe ng PC.

If that's the way you want it for now, it's ok. Tutal naman, mukhang mabenta ka sa mga tao dyan. The moment na magka opportunity ka para makalipat sa mas maayos na lugar, take it.

Also, palitan mo muna ng cheap a4tech mice and boards yung nandyan kung pwede. A friend of ours (i'm sure Serene knows who this is) used 1.2k worth keyboards on a Netcafe that's smack dab in the middle of a slum area. All human interface devices got pwned, plus he can't use the aircon since konti lang tao(di economical) so he settled with an exhaust fan. Ang nangyari, yung lugar nangamoy pawis at batang kalye. pwned indeed.

Maybe, if you can find a place, settle with a place where there are lots of college students around. Like, DLSU at Taft, manila, or anywhere richkids go to play. Nga lang, make sure your prices are on par with the competition, plus you've got to have a promo. That's what makes return customers eh Big grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Office Drama Sforza 14 15,688 06-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu
  hospital drama AEA1 26 27,437 04-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Last Post: NiX