Current time: 04-19-2024, 01:55 PM
Recent Philipppine BS
I feel so sorry for Lozada. He looks like the nicest guy in the world simply caught up in the ugliest of circumstances. As far as I'm concerned, most of what he's saying seems to be true. As far as he's concerned, bringing all this out into the open is the only thing that will keep him and his family alive - having him assassinated at this point will only make it even more glaringly obvious that everything he said was true. Well, whether he continues to unload or simply shuts up, the rest of his life will probably be hell. I wish him all the best.
NiX Wrote:I feel so sorry for Lozada. He looks like the nicest guy in the world simply caught up in the ugliest of circumstances. As far as I'm concerned, most of what he's saying seems to be true. As far as he's concerned, bringing all this out into the open is the only thing that will keep him and his family alive - having him assassinated at this point will only make it even more glaringly obvious that everything he said was true. Well, whether he continues to unload or simply shuts up, the rest of his life will probably be hell. I wish him all the best.

If he gets assassinated, it's already too late for the administration. Personally, I think the admin WILL even try to protect him, since even if some other guys other than them kills him, the blame would still go to the administration (you know how the mass thinks).
I agree with you that it's going to be hell for his life from now on, he's already been sticked in the middle of the mud.
[Image: nines.jpg]
Exactly.

It's funny nga eh. I just read in the newspaper that one of the dudes supposedly involved in his abduction is actually being protected by the government.

I just hope that after all this shit, some change actually happens. That's what counts. Unfortunately, reform isn't what our government is known for.
NiX Wrote:Exactly.

It's funny nga eh. I just read in the newspaper that one of the dudes supposedly involved in his abduction is actually being protected by the government.

I just hope that after all this shit, some change actually happens. That's what counts. Unfortunately, reform isn't what our government is known for.

Don't count on it happening. Today's headlines was the revived push for Charter Change by "local government officials". Which isn't very prudent on the part of the government, imo.

If there's one thing that'll cause another People Power (or even an all out revolution), it's GMA getting an indefinite term extension because of a switch to Parliamentary government.
Wow, Mike Arroyo is in Hong Kong na pala.

Hindi rin siya halata, ano?
LOL. That made me LOL.
Hiding is a symptom of guilt. If someone's got nothing to hide, then there's nothing to fear about being discovered.

We need a war that'll really shake things up and set priorities straight.
Months after calls for truth, and tens of church masses later, the Philippine political scene has done what it's best at: make all the revelations and exposes account to nothing.
And right now we got the accusations against Meralco. Some say this is just to divert the public's attention from the rising food and oil prices. I dunno, really. The prices of gasoline went up again today, and PISTON's staging another nationwide strike this monday. As far as "diversion" is concerned, looks like the Meralco thing will just be another issue to add along with the other major issues.

What really is annoying is how some things take forever to resolve, then are easily forgotten. While some don't even get resolved, at all. And some that are supposed to have been tackled haven't even been started.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
I wonder what Lee Kuan Yew could do for our country if we gave COMPLETE CONTROL over EVERYTHING to him for one year?
Let's go local and make Duterte (Davao's mayor) president.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
theGrim Wrote:I wonder what Lee Kuan Yew could do for our country if we gave COMPLETE CONTROL over EVERYTHING to him for one year?

1. Mr. Lee dies of stroke from stress.

OR

2. Half of all government employees (and 3/4 of the police force) in prisons or fired. The rest will be better paid and happy. Leperman will be out of a job. I hate government employees that waste people's taxes.

OR

3. China is invited to invade the Philippines.