Current time: 03-28-2024, 05:05 PM
Confirmation mail problems
(09-02-2009, 09:41 PM)NiX Wrote: Maybe you should put a notice for now that @yahoo.com addresses are having problems. Maybe some text somewhere along the registration screens.

Good idea. Welcome message is now edited.
Oh, is it? I've just attempted to register with my Yahoo! account on the oekaki board.

It seems to be having problems. May you look into it please?
The whole yahoo problem is being looked into. But for now, I suggest to just use gmail for registering.
The confirmation mails not coming through might just be a symptom of a bigger problem: the board (or server) isn't sending out emails properly.

I've been diagnosing it for the past three hours trying to find a combination of settings that work, but still no luck.

Has anyone received any sort of mail from RR recently?

EDIT: If you want to help me test, and if your account here is not tied to your RR email, here's what you do.
1. Go to your User CP, and go to Edit Options.
2. Check the "Notify me by email when I receive a new Private Message." option.
3. Send yourself a PM.
4. Check if you receive a notification in your personal email address.
My account is tied to my yahoo account. Yep, no emails coming in. Not even in spam.
(08-17-2010, 04:41 PM)NiX Wrote: My account is tied to my yahoo account. Yep, no emails coming in. Not even in spam.

As I feared. Crap!
Ok, they were just somewhat delayed, but they're there now in the spam box.
Hm. more bots. Sad
(02-18-2011, 11:55 AM)arch_angel Wrote: Hm. more bots. Sad

That'll probably have to lean more on IP blocking rather than the email confirmation itself. I think it's doing a good job so far, with only a few (to none) bots bypassing the email system.

Still annoying as hell to see those bot accounts register though.
My criteria for bots nowadays:

* really weird names.

* links to spam sites in their signatures.

* has less than a minute spent online.

* Is still validating.

You get two out of four, i ban you, no questions asked. Glare
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."

[-]
Quick Reply