Current time: 03-29-2024, 08:26 PM
Your most memorable gaming moments
When I lost my VOTOMS: Lightning Slash CD. I wasn't actually worried, but I've been searching the game for YEARS, <s>and I haven't found them until now.</s> O_O

Edit:
Fix'd. I've already found an ISO from some spanish site!
Leveling?
You should've tried the Lighthouse...
I maxed them all there, including the Gears...
'Signatures are overrated.'
Fox Wrote:
AppleHead Wrote:
maitreya Wrote:Hmm.. I don't have any one most memorable gaming moment ever. But one moment that comes into mind would be reading/playing through the start of the second disc of Xenogears. The one with the one to two hours of text. LOLz. It's the first time I've seen a game have a save point in between a text sequence. Tongue\

My little brother liked to watch me play Xenogears before. During the ending sequence where Elly was tastefully naked, he pointed at the tv and went, "Please play that scene again where Elly has no clothes!"

So I was like, "I can't. No save point. Why?"

"I like the animation."

I'm pretty sure that you can only replay that scene just after smoking the Urobolus, since it is part of the ending movie. But then again, prior to that one is the most memorable gaming moment of mine - the final battle with Deus.

This one was way back in November of 1999. I had been playing the game for several weeks now (in small sessions of two-three hours each) and was facing Deus without getting rid of Metatron, Sundel, Harlute and Marlute. The last boss wasn't overly difficult since i had beaten him already once before but this time i tried fighting him without sealing his abilities. HP-regeneration, time-stop, fuel and armor drain and all of that were active with him this time, unlike the previous one.

My party consisted of Xenogears, El-Renmazuo and El-Fenrir (basically Fei, Billy and Citan). Not really my best party since i didn't use El-Andvari (Bart) but i had to go for quickness and turn speed here. If Deus' attacks weren't annoying enough, those two Super-Seraphs of his constantly interrupted my gears between turns, sometimes sneaking in one or two barrages before i could retaliate. Good thing Xenogears's hypermode activates easily enough and it only took a few Kishins, along with some Double Snaps and Raigekis from the other two to bring down the Machine God.

And that was with characters and gears only at an average level of 65. Bet i could finish him quicker if i try again with higher-levelled and equipped ones. Problem is, it's kinda hard to get enough gold to buy the best gear engines and armors at the Lighthouse shop at the tail-end of the game. Sad

did that XD party consisted of Xeno, Fenrir, and Crescen ( actually I forgot who the third one was but I think it was more likely to be Crescen)

seriously the funny thing here is that one of the four guards of deus is totally weak if you bought a certain part early on the first disc XD he didn't even touche me ... tank guard + Mr. drain a lot = pawnage + free repair round....

I want to play it again ...
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Naalala ko na yung pinaka memorable na Gaming Experience ko.

It's back then during my 'long break' from school.
Shiraki's PSOne still works back then, what happened is, nasa climax na ako ng nilalaro ko which was Parasite Eve 2.
Matatalo ko na yung malaking baby nun eh, my bestfriends were there, watching me play, waiting for me to be finished so that we could play Tekken.

It was a big deal for me because it was the first time for me to last that long against that boss, kasi madalas nya akong mahuli ng 'Chest Break Cannon' nya. I managed to completely dismember it, leaving just the cannon as my problem.
Then it happened. Someone moved so heavily that the power chord got more loose -as it already was back then-, that the console restarted...

At least I knew what to do next... and I later found out that that big guy was just a minor problem compared to Eve.
Serene Wrote:At least I knew what to do next... and I later found out that that big guy was just a minor problem compared to Eve.

Yeah, she doesn't stop swooping around the room. Chair
[Image: nines.jpg]
Well, unless you electrecute her and swing around your gunblade...
Hmm.. Additional memorable gaming moments:

NiX and I pulling off a 100+ hit combo in Tales of Destiny on a single enemy (some generic skeleton dude in the latter part of the game). Also taking out the last boss without him being able to attack even once. And, Tower of Druaga in ToD.

And, playing through MGS1-3. Those games are more than memorable; they're epic. Can't wait for the fourth to come out.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
The most memorable moments for me is when me and my friends get to play 4 player muliplayer games... any game, any console

yuyu hakusho sega genesis 8-bit
starfox, goldeneye n64
crash bandicoot ps2
the guy game
armored core Smile

and a few others I can't remember the names

good times

they say you could learn more from a person by playing with them in one hour than working with for a whole year.
that might explain why this community is so closely knit
I always wanted to play YuYu Hakusho for the Genesis. >_< The SNES version was pretty crappy.
Okay, here's something that i really treasured but not really my most memorable - beating MGS3 without killing anyone. Nope, not the Cobras, not Volgin, not even a single russkie soldier. All of them got treated to darts from my mk.22.

Rewarding as it was, this was one of those runs that really tested my patience, although not as much as the one were i was somehow able to get thriugh undetected for the game's entirety. That particular one required more than three hundred+ resets whenever the alarm went off. Tongue
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
something rather small ... defeating diablos with laguna and his gang ... XD I didn't know what the lamp was and only found interest on it while at the middle of the first laguna sequence for ff8 lol it took some time but I defeated him but still lol

another one would be beating mechs with fei on foot for xenogears early in the game lol even used that to level up the moves of some of my chars ... especially when bart and fei fell inside the big undergound area. haha
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

I'd like to add one too. Happy

Playing and finishing RE:5 with Lord_Leperman without ever upgrading any of the weapons, mostly resorting to knife attacks and partner combos, random wtf moments (Like blindly throwing rotten eggs at flying BOW's and actually hitting them) laughing at all the enemies etc...

All during our first playthrough. LOL Man, it was teamwork all the way!

I remember we even made up our own vocabulary throughout the game, like: "Eggy-egg Chambibuwampoo!" (The very first native wearing the cool shades wielding the megaphone) or "I gots Shammo an' Hammo, You got mammo?" (reference to the different types of ammo in the game)

I always LOL'ed at the "Wesker will eat your children ARRRRRRRR..." dialogue

Being able to play and LOL with someone really takes the stress away from a hard week's worth of work.
[Image: Sig07.png]

"I love chocolate-covered Sophie." A. Nina
LOL I'll never forget how we kept on suckering the Chainsaw Majini into burning itself over and over again. "Stop Burning yourself! Stop burning yourself!"
MGS3:

I was going to kill The End through stamina, but I ran out of Mk22 Bullets.

I knew going to the nearby shack would mean going to another map, resulting to an opportunity for The End to regain all his stamina, and he only had very little stamina left.

I searched for any stamina reducing weapons. I found a cigarette that releases sleeping gas when triggered.

I thought it was hopeless, but I was able to go around him.

I sneaked very carefully so I could sneak up behind him.

I stood right behind him, and killed an old man through second-hand smoking.
Not exactly my most memorable, but I just couldn't stop thinking about it when I recently remembered this (now that I've gotten very curious about it).

A few months after I received my very own first PSX from my uncle, there was this game that caught my attention because it had mecha in it. Sadly, I couldn't remember the name. It's a Mechwarriorish game where you're ordered to explore some kind of moon base with your squad. It's a dungeon-crawler game with FPS elements. Anything farther than about 2-3 meters from your mech are all covered in black, making the atmosphere creepy.

I was a stupid brat back then, so I never had any idea wtf was happening, but after shooting down mechs and advancing through levels, there were monsters lurking the fuck around the base and appearing in front of you out of nowhere. I just had no idea what to do and where to head next, and I was running away from all of them in a maze!

Wasn't able to bear with the feeling of getting stalked by monsters (even if you're in a mech) while you're stranded in some kind of base. Got me into quitting the game because I got so scared. I'm sure it was with my copy of Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Lightning Slash when I gave the rest of my PSX games away.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General Gaming News atdsutm 118 134,572 07-30-2023, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  A nice topic on gaming clonezero 2 5,143 05-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Hempire
  Saddest moments Fox 12 14,934 10-03-2009, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Fox
  Weekly PSP gaming roundup Twin-Skies 10 12,880 08-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Grim
Question Gaming Addiction Sforza 23 24,634 11-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Last Post: pulse