Current time: 04-29-2024, 02:46 AM
Teh interesting tech news stub thread
Hayao Miyazaki Compares iPad Use To Masturbation
http://kotaku.com/5584759/hayao-miyazaki...sturbation

Quote:For me, there is no feeling of admiration or no excitement whatsoever," Miyazaki said about the iPad. "It's disgusting. On trains, the number of those people doing that strange masturbation-like gesture is multiplying."

Miyazaki also noted that he also got "fed up" when everyone on the trains started reading manga and then later when everyone began using cell phones on the trains to presumably send text messages.

While I can understand his gripe about people becoming too dependent on technology, I still can't fully agree with his dissing. He may not like tech, but the reality is that it's also because of such tech that and that so many more people around the world have access to his works. It would be epic irony if he was griping about iPads, only to find out one of the passengers he was so condescending about was watching his films on the train Smile

Then there is the fact that his own Studio Ghibli makes extensive use of computers and apps to make their films, not to mention that upcoming DS/PS3 title they have in works. In short, I think it really depends on the user, though it does annoy the living hell out of me when people don't turn off their cell phones when we're having a serious conversation, or when I'm watching in the theater.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Teh interesting tech news stub thread - by Grim - 01-10-2008, 03:55 PM
RE: Teh interesting tech news stub thread - by Twin-Skies - 07-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Teh interesting tech news stub thread - by Serene - 03-11-2008, 05:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teh Interesting Military Technology News Thread Lord_Leperman 54 79,314 10-01-2015, 04:41 AM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  ISP Discussion and Q&A thread Shintetsu 32 40,760 01-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu
Tongue The Redfox sucks thread wanzerfreak 33 45,823 10-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Shintetsu