Current time: 03-29-2024, 09:48 PM
Size of lock box
Ive been costumizing my ACs and I only use slot 5 of my garage for missions but today I noticed that my slot 4 AC's lockbox is much bigger than the one in my slot 5 AC I got Volute on both of them and have L+ optional part equipped on both of them Can anyone explain what happend here? ;s
the weapons also have an effect on the lockboxes too.

for example, if you were using the Fenrir sniper rifle, and, let's say, a generic rifle, the lockbox would be smaller than normal, because the sniper rifle decreased the size. this is because sniper rifles use Narrow And Deep lockboxes.

if you were using a handgun or machine gun, and a rifle, then the lockbox would be bigger, because the handgun or machine gun makes it bigger, because it uses a Wide And Shallow type lockbox.

hopefully that wasn't too confusing.
ಠ_ಠ
Oh! thanks a lot for the help because on slot 4 I have pixie3 and LB4 then on slot 5 I have Shade and Gast on then I switched my 5's Shade to a pixie3 then the lockbox got bigger now I thought it was a glitch. Thanks again!
Yeah, that's what happens when you put on a Wide and Shallow type weapon. Instant boon to your lockbox size.

Tangentially, you might want to use Miroku for your 4th AC. Since it has a machinegun (wide and shallow) AND a blade (close range), you'd want to have your lockbox area big as well as have it lock quickly. Miroku fits the bill nicely.

On yet another tangent, many players have found that the easiest combo to use when dual-wielding is the F73H FCS and a lefty HP handgun, plus your choice of right weapon. F73H is one of the best for dual-gunning and the left HP boosts lockboxes like no other weapon, all while keeping itself top-tier in terms of weight, damage, heat and accuracy. Don't fall to rely too much on this combo though, as it's pretty limiting.

...Now I've said too much. -_-
Ah now I learn something new.. I didnt really put much attention into the weapon and FCS types thanks strawhat and Grim
xJR Wrote:Ive been costumizing my ACs and I only use slot 5 of my garage for missions but today I noticed that my slot 4 AC's lockbox is much bigger than the one in my slot 5 AC I got Volute on both of them and have L+ optional part equipped on both of them Can anyone explain what happend here? ;s

What about FCS? Different FCS have different sized boxes. You could try to change your FCS to see what effect that has.
[Image: ARMORE1.jpg]
My AC friends played from the ps1 series to the ps2 series and still didnt know what FCS actually meant for ShockHuh
Each FCS has a specialty which will be compatible with your weaponry and combat style. Choose carefully and do read the stats.

remember that when using two weapons their lock boxes will average out. each one will suit to your combat needs.

Like what Luffy says, Snipe, Long and Deap, MG and pistols Wide and Shallow. I tend to mix a Wide and Shallow with a linear rifle and a rifle to maximize my combat efficiency, Mid range is what I like.
just do some experimenting... trial and error

sometimes, numbers can't help LOL

*I prefer square lock-box Roll eyes*

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
Numbers help when it comes to the FCS.
1 unit in the box's size is equal to a meter in real life.
Meters is also the unit used when it comes to range so...