Current time: 05-04-2024, 10:30 PM
pakistan coincidence
ei it seems that pakistan is starting to resemble what happened during the marcos reign ... as of today the exiled political figure Benazir Bhutto has been assasinated ... which in itself is a familiar sight for us ... for now I can only hope it ends the same way >_<.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

"Exiled political figure Benazir Bhutto (returns, and) has been assassinated."

Too bad the comparison stops there, because that's the only thing they had in common. Bhutto was not a unifying figure. She was also ousted from office twice because of corruption charges. She came back when Pervez Musharraf's government became unstable because of his own doing, something like a political vulture.

Given the peace and order situation in Pakistan and the tremendously complicated nature of Middle East Politics, I don't think anyone here on RR has enough expertise on the subject to discuss whether Pakistan will benefit more from a Democracy or an Authoritarian regime because of the number of Islamic extremists and the situation with its neighbors.

This has next to nothing to do with us here in the Philippines at all, and I think it's too early after her death for this topic to be discussed.