Current time: 04-26-2024, 12:27 PM
Optical Media Board budget cut
tatangalin daw ung budget ng mga nang huhuli ng mga nangpipirata lol sabi daw wala namang nagagawa ... I for one (even if Im a pirated goods consumer) think this decision is way wrong .. yes their not getting anywhere but its not because there not doing anything its just because there's to many pirates ... I feel some hidden force is behind this (yes I like consipiracy theories)

whats your views on this?
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

My view is that if they REALLY want to stop piracy here, they should target the source. Dapat putulin na nila yung supply ng pirated goods. Kumbaga, dapat yung pagpasok ng contraband sa bansa ang pinipigil nila at hindi puro yung mga retailer lang.

Like yung nearby tiangge dito, regularly nire-raid, pero sabi sa akin ng isang tindera, kung bayaran mo ng 500 yung mga parak, pababayaan ka. Sleep Tapos after the raid, back to normal na sila.
yeah but to do what you want boss they have (as by your example) root out corruption first ... something harder than removing piracy from this country

clonezero Wrote:yeah but to do what you want boss they have (as by your example) root out corruption first ... something harder than removing piracy from this country

Speaking of piracy, I've heard from a tenant over in Megamall that the OMB is not authorized to confiscate pirated games. Their jurisdiction appears to be limited to movies.

Furthermore, same said tenant says that the OMB also re-sells their confiscated goods in a Tiangge near their HQ. I have yet to verify this, but if it's true...why should we follow these mooks then? What they're doing is more akin to a monopoly than enforcement.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
What's new.
Call me sadistic, but I duly approve every time the OMB dudes get pelted with rocks, garbage, and the like on TV.

Piracy...is when a local distributor sells piss-poor films and related merchandise witha considerable price markup.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
yes true but come on piracy only is good for short term gains we really have to learn to sacrifice in the longer run ... yes probably we'll be dead and fertilizer, heck even part of the weed growing on top of our grave which already got trimmed fr the uber nth time an recycled into the soil etc. etc. etc.

the mamaya na habit is really taking its toll on the us >_<.

Piracy?

Just view that problem the way you look at cockroaches. You can get rid of them temporarily but they'll just keep coming back.

A bud and I decided to drop by Makati Cinema Square a couple of weeks back to get parts for our guns and apparently, so did a raiding party. Sure, the merchants packed up all their wares and the raiders got some booty. Then left...

And barely five minutes after the blue boys were gone were the merchants back in business. It was just like the raid never occured.

Onli in da Pilipins. Tongue
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."