Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:02 PM
CD-R King!
Why are their stuff SOOO damn cheap? Seriously. I have no reason to buy most tech-stuff anywhere else because the price simply doesn't compare. They give ample item-exchange periods for defective products, and with their 3-6 month repair warranties, it's pretty low-risk!

So far, I've bought 3 flash drives, a MiniSD memory card, USB bluetooth, mini optical mouse, cheapass earpiece w/ mic (for skyping), all from them. All are still working great even after prolonged use.

And of course, their CD-Rs are so freaking cheap that I don't care even if some end up with defects (though I've never had problems with their blanks either. It's all about burning discs on the slow setting).

I don't mean to sound like an advertisement but I'm just that impressed with their business. It also impresses me that a place that made its living from selling only writable CDs eventually grew into the technology-oriented version of McDonald's.

My only gripe is their SLOOOOOW service. It's literally like waiting for your order to be taken at a fast food joint.

What are your experiences with them? Have any of you gotten bad products/service from them?
Like you said, labor in China is cheap.

Heck, they could even be hiring Pinoys to do the manufacturing, then shipping them to China, who then ships the stuff back to us. Smile)

I've bought a USB PSX-style analog controller from them. Real sturdy. I've dropped it like ten times already and it's still holding up well for an imitation. All for the low low price of 200 bucks.

Yeah, the slow service, AND THEIR CRAMPED SPACES, are a bitch.
They just get the stuff from Chinese factories directly and just slap on their brand label. They're pretty much cheap because they just remove as much middlemen in the distribution process as much as possible. When you think about it, their products have industry standard quality, nothing more. Its just on the level of "it works" without the fancy bells and whistles, such as selling blank CDs without cases where the industry norm would normally sell them with CD cases which in turn jack up the price.

So I suppose its just doing things differently. And that one other thing about long lines because of their very slow transaction process? I have no idea.
I was with my dad one time and I mentioned to him that for all their technical goods, they sure would benefit if they used a digitized database especially for their receipts.

My dad said doing their receipts the old-fashioned way cuts even more costs and is an easier way to cheat some taxes. Tongue
Just got a PlayStation-to-USB from them for php100. Now I can use PlayStation controllers on my PC. Yay!
100 lang san 200 nakita ko eh san san gusto ko bumili!!!
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

2 kinds ata yung PS-to-USB converters nila eh. Yung isa, USB in tapos isang saksakan para sa PS controller. Yung mas mahal, isang USB in tapos dalawang saksakan para sa PS controller.

Matagal rin akong naghanap nito eh. Alam mo naman sa CD-R King. Tsambahan pagdating sa availability ng stocks hahah. Sa CD-R King Gilmore pa ako nakabili hahahah
This is kinda unrelated to the topic, but setting up a franchise of CD-R King sounds like good business. Tongue
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
Turns out CD-R King doesn't franchise. =P

Hey, I just saw an AV-cables-to-USB thingy selling for php1080. Can that be used to record, let's say, match vids?
i was planning to buy a cd-r king arcade stick here, does it work for ps3 tekken?

anyways if there porduct is reliable then i can consider
Hindi ba may ps2 to ps3 controller converter sila? I think that'll work with the arcade stick.

I'm really interested in trying out that AV to USB cable but 1080 is a bit steep. XD
NiX Wrote:Hey, I just saw an AV-cables-to-USB thingy selling for php1080. Can that be used to record, let's say, match vids?

Could be. Even if all it does is stream the output from the TV to a monitor, there's screencap software that can record whatever's going on there (on the monitor). What we don't want is the output streaming from the monitor to the TV, that'd be useless.

Where'd you see it?

Oh and capture cards according to this sample list are expensive, so I would think a thousand bucks, for the purpose planned, is OK. Still yeah that's a thousand bucks. LOL
Awesome. So this actually has potential? I saw it in CD-R King, SM Centerpoint (where the hell else can I go during weekdays >_<). It's probably available in pretty much any CD-R King store though.

Hey RR, wanna chip in for this? It can then eventually be mutual RR property. LOL
I'd be willing if it does do what we think it should.
NiX Wrote:Hindi ba may ps2 to ps3 controller converter sila? I think that'll work with the arcade stick.

I'm really interested in trying out that AV to USB cable but 1080 is a bit steep. XD

well if the arcade is naturally a usb cable type then i dont need a converter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CDR-King Laptop Twin-Skies 5 9,546 12-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Last Post: azuriel07
  Which ISP is king ir in the phillipines Doom Trigger 12 12,875 09-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Doom Trigger